Thread: P1113 Heeeeeelp!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question P1113 Heeeeeelp!

I've had the car withe the wrench light come on in my car for about a year now. It only comes on when it's cold outside or when I push the car too much. So as I live in a worm place, it never comes on during the summer, but always during winter and always when I push the car over 150km/hour for more than a min.

I just got an op-com and I get this code.

OP-COM - KW2000 Communication Window> 2004|Astra-G|Engine|Z 16 XEP
    P1113 - Port Deactivation Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
    (02) - Present

I cleared the code, then I went on the high way ( since the car was already wormed up) and pushed it to get the code to light up again. I had the op-com hooked up to the car and was collecting data.

I've published the data so you can view it here
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...=0&output=html

Also, as a secondary problem, I noticed that the column
    ETC Limp Home Mode (Electronic Throttle Control)

Has a constant value of "Reduced Power"

Any ideas what this means? how to set it back to normal?

the car is a 2004 opel astra convertible.

PS. I noticed a few posts with the P1113 code but wasn't' able to figure out what fixed the problem. Once I figure out how to fix this I will take pics of my mechanic fixing it and try to post them on this thread for future reference.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took my car to a friend who's a mechanic. He did not replace anything, but instead cleaned all three sensors he could find on the inlet manifold. I couldn't stay with him as I was busy but from what he said the sensors were really dirty with coal residue. I've picked up the car and drove it for a while in temperature and speed that would definetly cause the P1113 code to pop up but it didn't! So there you go, if you get the same code, before replacing anything, try cleaning the sensors!.

total cost of repair 0! Opel estimate 850 euro just for the parts! ( they wanted to replace the inlet manifold! )

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Error 1113 Verify Part

Hello,
    So after getting the P1113 code ( P1113 - Port Deactivation Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage) , I had my inlet manifold ( I'm assuming this is the same think as the throttle body?) cleaned, I erased the code and the car was fine for about a week!!!!. Then it came back up to my great disappointment!.

My local opel mechanic says I have to change the entire inlet manifold. But the quote from opel was way too high. Plus I discovered on line that there's actually two different manifolds, one known to be problematic and cause whistling ( mine whistles) the second fixes that problem. So why not kill two birds with one stone.

However, before I have this shipped I would appreciate if I get some opinions from any of you guys that I'm going the right route here to get rid of the P1113. I won't be able to return the part if it doesn't fix the problem!.

New Throttle body:
    Part number 93187697 / catalognumber: 58 25 247

Please share your opinion as to weather replacing with this newer part will solve my error and get my ecotech engine back to being tuned in ( now I'm burning fuel like crazy! and the service light is on)

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    replacing the inlet manifold on the twinport normally cures the p1113 code as this addresses the flap problem