Thread: Z20let to Z20leh transplant

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    141 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Z20let to Z20leh transplant

Hiya can anyone remember what issue of Total Vauxhall magazine the article of Z20let engine conversion to Z20leh,(or if you have a copy to sell on) any info would be welcome, i have a few snags to iron out, thankyou for looking cheers Paula

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    isnt this the same engine basically anyway? Different turbo and map or something
    Astra Sold! Now its back! Sold Again! Who knows whats going on!

Currently Running MK1 1.8 MX5 with LSD awaiting boost, and a Red UK DC2

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The leh is a straight swap for the let. You need to use the let wiring loom, ecu, injectors etc but it's basically like for like. The only issues with the swap is if you were using the 6speed box from the leh. Then you need mounts, flywheel, clutch, cables, gearstick and shafts and a few other bits.
    no comment

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    To answer your question Paula it was in issue 100 and 101, September and Octobers. Looks like issue 100 is just on removal and preparation
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    141 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)
    Thanks guys n gals, Has anyone got that issue please? 100 i think?
    The engines are similar, loom differs from let, some connecters are either short, ie map sensor, and connecter differences ie cam sensor, you can't use the leh injectors and ecu,(unless you are going to remapp) vxr turbo is used as so the inlet manifold/ t body, cooling system piping is different, i'm using the leh system, what i need to know is if the sensors are the same ie AFm map p boost etc etc, my gut feeling tells me they could be different ohm's,
    Engine goes well but not quite right yet, probably needs a diagnostik
    any advise is accepted i am a total novice cheers Paula

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    first of all the AFM plug is the same - obviously a VXR AFM will not work on a LET - unless its remapped - it will run but like a bag of shit

CAM sensor is 100% identical on LET/LEH models therefore wiring is the same - so no idea how this can be playiing up

MAP sensor is different. LEH uses PN 90541409...... LET uses 93170309

BOOST sensors- presume u mean the BCS (Boost Control Solenoids) are the same and are fully interchangeable - Personally I run the front BCS only and the rear one bypassed

As Ive said before Id certainly have a trip down the road and help out where I can, just unfortunately the weather could be an issue etc.

I also have diangnostic stuff here if u need fault codes read etc.

Why exactly are u running the VXR cooling system?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    first of all the AFM plug is the same - obviously a VXR AFM will not work on a LET - unless its remapped - it will run but like a bag of shit

CAM sensor is 100% identical on LET/LEH models therefore wiring is the same - so no idea how this can be playiing up

MAP sensor is different. LEH uses PN 90541409...... LET uses 93170309

BOOST sensors- presume u mean the BCS (Boost Control Solenoids) are the same and are fully interchangeable - Personally I run the front BCS only and the rear one bypassed

As Ive said before Id certainly have a trip down the road and help out where I can, just unfortunately the weather could be an issue etc.

I also have diangnostic stuff here if u need fault codes read etc.

Why exactly are u running the VXR cooling system?

you use the Cam sensor from the LET engine
    oil pan sensor wire off the LEH loom soldered onto the LET loom
    water pipes just use the LEH ones an also the LET cooling pimp on the gearbox
    LET AFM
    LET ECU

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why quote my reply then say ur own bit which has nothing to do with the points i mentioned?

cam sensor is the same on both according to EPC so surely its the same ??

anyway forget it as its irrelevant

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    could not just do part numbers on PDA thingie thats all
    the Cam sensor is diff
    the map sensor will work the same

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    141 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)
    Hi thanks for your input ALL is very well appreciated,The car appears to be behaving now,
    Presently i am using the leh cam censor,(cos i hav'nt got the let one) and fitted a sqarer connecter to it and wired it up to the rounder connecter from the let loom,(all connected up and without breaking any original let loom, the ecu is now responding and the engine appears to be running well, thankyou both dannysport18 and Geordiebandit, (allbeit a management light still displaying on the dash).i thaught that could have been the let afm, but iam wiser now thankyou Geordiebandit.
    I am using the leh radiater pack,ac/ intercooler because the radiater piping in and out is more suited to the leh engine, all in situe now,seemed to make better sense, BUT BOTH (rad and ac fans) come on straight away even from freezing cold and wont switch off, until i pull the cooling mod ecu plug out, the in car temp guage isn't working, and i can't find a fuse blown. the donor car was baught without an engine,(or should i say let engine blown) so i dont have any prior knowledge of how it ran before,all electriks work, but it seems to be too coincidental that the two faults are perhaps related , any suggestions on this issue are welcome.
    I am in no hurry to get things sorted, but i most definatly need a diagnostik.
    Thankyou again for all your help and your input is still welcome,cheers Paula

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast