Thread: Astra 1.7dti 2002 misfires in first gear!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Astra 1.7dti 2002 misfires in first gear!!!

Hi all im new hear so will start of with a very big hello to you all

So, one of the reason's im here is to gain some advice and help with my astravan.
    Here it is!

I have a problem which i hope someone can help out with! I had the van re-mapped back earlier in the year which i now think was a bad re-map, It smoked a lot once done but felt very responsive and nice to drive with the extra power. But juddered when you labouerd it a bit in high gear, i got used to it after a while but i rang the company who did it and asked them to sort it out but they went bust, now i cant remember who did it now but ive carried on with it and seems ok, the problem i now have is... The smoking has vastly reduced ( which is good) but another problem has appeared?? i seem to have a small lack of power ( nothing major) but when i pull away hard in first gear it kind of misfires for a few seconds... i have ordered a new maf sensor as maybe the lack of power problem? but i find it weird why the misfire has appeared, when i bought the van just over a year ago it had a re-con turbo fitted which i could hear spool up, but now i cant seem to hear that either.
    Dont get me wrong in the fact its not really low on power but noticable to me. I just wonder whether it could be the EGR valve blocked or possible injectors not performing as they should.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    phil

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    nice van bud
    i think i know wot u mean.
    so you put ur foot down then wait a lil then comes the power. mine does this on the motor way in 5th.
    kinda have to plan exactly when you want the power due to a slight delay. sadly i replaced the maf sensor and it did nothing.i think it cud just be the way the map works.
    try a new maf by all means because u may have a different fault or something.
    what boost you running? u got standard intercooler?
    streetbasser

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazvan_86 View Post
    nice van bud
    i think i know wot u mean.
    so you put ur foot down then wait a lil then comes the power. mine does this on the motor way in 5th.
    kinda have to plan exactly when you want the power due to a slight delay. sadly i replaced the maf sensor and it did nothing.i think it cud just be the way the map works.
    try a new maf by all means because u may have a different fault or something.
    what boost you running? u got standard intercooler?

Hi, yeah standard intercooler and not sure what boost its running, the problem i have is only in first gear which i find kind of strange in fith it seems underpowered from 100 onwards, but pulls like a train through all gears untill upto that 100 mark. ive had 3 of these vans now and they all seem useless at 100 unless going down hill

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bump! still looking for some advice a bit eager for it to.. sorry;(

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Really hopeing somone has some advice!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar problem with my 206. You can drive with out the MAF sensor for a few days, it will save you money if theres nothing wrong with the MAF

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi mate, my van does exactly the same in first gear only and it only does it every so often (a sort of spluttering in 1st gear when you floor it) mines done it every since i bought the van 2 years ago but was just going to wait till something broke on it as it only does it once in a while, sorry this has been no help at all but im also intrigued to see what the problem is. mines also been remapped but the problem occured before hand as well.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would be intrested if anyone got anywhere with this i have exact same problem with my lump.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it possible that the remap's pushed a component too much causing this? As I understand it, part of the ECU's role is to alter the timing depending on the driving circumstance etc. Seems that something's gone wrong with the map on the car's behaviour around 2000 rpm... having said that... redror, the problem was already there pre-remap...? :\