Thread: Vectra induction pipe? Confused?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vectra induction pipe? Confused?

Been reading up on the mods etc. The vectra pipe mod seems really popular?

Im just confused tho. Is an induction kit, and vectra pipe mod more or less the same thing?

My other question would be if yes, what is better? Would a 'proper' kit by that i mean having a pipe go from the box to the front bumper taking in cold air be better???

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Induction kit tends to have a different air filter too aslong as piping perhaps

Vectra C Mod is simply a large bore pipe from the intake at the bonnet to the air filter itself. The filter is no more improved but more air is placed upon it allowing the engine to suck in air easier.

Same principle of "more air"
    Different technique

Induction kit tends to have a bigger surface area and easier surface for air to percolate
    My name is Pete
    Click >> here << for my Coupe build log

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You can't add 'more air' to the engine, what you can do is make it easier for the engine to suck the air in which is, in effect, what the Vectra pipe does...saying that, I wonder if at higher rpm's, the easier air gets in, the less negative pressure you have in the air intake system the better, as the engine is always pulling in at a vacuum and more so at higher rpms.

The MK4 airbox/intake design pulls in cold air anyhow. Putting a pipe to feed cold air from the bumper will likely make the intake pipework longer which is not a good thing in most cases. Induction kits on the 16v MK4's are usually frowned upon as they often pull in hot air from the engine bay, but on the 8v's this is less of an issue due to the lower heat output/smaller engine.

The top airbox pipe can be better left in, but try this for yourself and don't throw it away until you are happy your choice!