Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mileage & Car Advice

Hi all,

Wondering what to do with the car. Im currently on 81K in the coupe and do love it but am wondering what to do in the future. I know its going to become pretty unsalable as it get closer to 100K. It drives perfectly and I havnt had any huge problems with the car over the past 2 years.

I dont know whether it be an idea to start saving and have a z20let conversion done with a low mileage engine so it will be saleable in the future? (this will ovbiously mean i pay more in insurance)

OR

Do i save up and take a hit on the price of the car when i do eventually sell it?

OR

Sell the car asap to maximise the most amount of money that i can get from it? (would probably buy a TT with fairly high miles as they hold their value and are bullet proof)

Please help as this is constantly on my mind.

Matt

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not that my opinion matters to you but I would say that say you keep the coupe, in a couple of years time it could begin to show its age, I mean we all love our vauxhalls but alot of other manufactures age better, audi for example.

Atleast if you got yourself a TT you have given yourself more of a chance of a reliable motor that you can keep for a few years problem free and still sell on for a decent wedge.

I mean even if you do choose the modification it will be sale-able but only to a very small section of the market.

If it were me Id definatley go for the TT, more fun in the present and more security in the future.

Hope it helps and good luck with your choice

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I personally hate TTs and would have a coupe anyday. I would either source a low mileage LET or a cheap broken one and get it rebuilt (or do it yourself) then your basically back to zero miles when it comes to the engine...

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    81k is nothing, the engine will be fine. I didn't have any major issues on my Z16XE until 120k upwards, and it has all been basic mechanical stuff except for a recent issue with a hydraulic valve lifter. The engine, aside from the lifter, is still running well with less than a litre of oil loss every 20k.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as long as its been serviced and maintained it will go for a good few housand miles, y spend mre muney on a tt with prob same miles when ur car has nothing wrong with it and if owt does go its nt guna cost alot to fix, i wud keep coupe mate

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    miles means very little nowadays its how it runs/looks that counts if its been looked after then keep it! im showing 101 thousand and running sweet not a fault! and uses no oil!!
    1.6 16v CD