Thread: dash bulbs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dash bulbs

i would like to change my dash bulbs..at the moment they are an orangy shade..im thinking about changing them to white and have no idea how many i need..am i right in thinkin they are the 509t..i want to change the whole lot like behind the speedos heaters console display etc..how many will i need and what bulbs (or leds?) are they??

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxi-sophia View Post
    i would like to change my dash bulbs..at the moment they are an orangy shade..im thinking about changing them to white and have no idea how many i need..am i right in thinkin they are the 509t..i want to change the whole lot like behind the speedos heaters console display etc..how many will i need and what bulbs (or leds?) are they??
    Yeah they are 509t. What year is your car, as ones made after 2000 will have orange diffusers over the heater panel and MFD, so blue will be the only option. IIRC there are 8 bulbs to do the speedo, MFD and heater panel. If you have a few quid to spare, PM Oddjob on here. He does amazing LED conversions.
    2000 1.8 CDX money guzzler a.k.a Bessie

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is an example of the heater panel he did for me

I had the bottom two buttons changed to green btw

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mines a 2000..i have the white dials which im sure are standard if that helps..id ideally just like to order the bulbs off ebay and change em over quickly n simply! (i hope)..so what this diffuser thingy...can i remove it and still have white..if i do buy white and dont remove anything will they just look the same, or mabey i can remove something and not have to buy anything!!!...i think im just confusing myself now!! lol im okay with blue if thats all i can get..i just hate orange lights!!!

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mines a 2000..i have the white dials which im sure are standard if that helps..id ideally just like to order the bulbs off ebay and change em over quickly n simply! (i hope)..so what this diffuser thingy...can i remove it and still have white..if i do buy white and dont remove anything will they just look the same, or mabey i can remove something and not have to buy anything!!!...i think im just confusing myself now!! lol im okay with blue if thats all i can get..i just hate orange lights!!!
    it's like an orange film I think. So put a white bulb behind it and you get...lovely orange light. The clocks are easy enough to do, just remove the surround (4 torx screw) and the 2 screws under that that secure the speedo, and it's straight out. It will work, but be careful what bulbs you get, as I believe some of the LED's on ebay only light up the area directly above them, leading to very dull clocks. Keep an eye on this thread and I'll get a pic soon of my clocks

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here you go - these are the ones done by Oddjob. You really can't appreciate how bright and crisp it is because of the camera filtering all the brightness out. I think it was 65quid, but worth every penny. Just a thought!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £65!!!! no wonder you got no petrol!! LOL..that is alot dont ya think...and i was wondering if £20 was alot for 8 tiny bulbs a moment ago..looks like you answered that one now ...im ordering the bulbs..hmm do the blue look nice..im a perfectionist and if it looks horrible i WILL have a b**ch fit!! LOL dont really wanna be spending alot as i bought MORE alloys 2weeks ago so am a little skint!!

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont get 8 for 20 quid FFS, go to ultraleds.co.uk theyre a quid each. Oh and the reason the fuel guage said empty was because the engine wasn't switched on - I like to keep a full tank. There must be 30 leds in mine though, so versus 8 for 20 quid, it's actually better value!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i like yours alot its just having the money right now!! and im impatient!! ive been on crazyleds and they are unbelievably cheap..heard them mentioned a few times on here so must be reputable...can you tell me more about this orange diffuser thingy...can i actually get rid of it or change it with something else...help im confused (which doesnt take much)

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i like yours alot its just having the money right now!! and im impatient!! ive been on crazyleds and they are unbelievably cheap..heard them mentioned a few times on here so must be reputable...can you tell me more about this orange diffuser thingy...can i actually get rid of it or change it with something else...help im confused (which doesnt take much)
    I think the one on the MFD is easily changed...

http://www.astraownersclub.com/docum...MDF-colour.pdf

Not too sure on the heater though. I think the dials on the clocks should be ok whatever colour, it's the mileage display which will give you problems. It can be taken out but its a fiddly process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast