Thread: Astra Mk4 SRi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Mk4 SRi

Right thought i would finally start one, as I have had the car for a year, but not really got huge amounts done to it tho!

Bought the car in late October 2008, from Welyn Garden City just off the M1, and not bit of the price due to panel damage on driver side, rear quater. This is the spec, high mileage was going to be risky, but for the price i could refuse it. AA inspected it, and apart from lil things, which in honest owning the car year on none need replacing, brakes soon to be done

Astra Mk4
    1.8i
    Irmscher bodykit all round
    100k mileage
    Irmscher Double D Exhaust

So this is how it looked when first bought it:

Engine bay was very tidy too, with regular services. It is still a fantastic runner!

My original Plans at this point, wasnt much, as didnt sign up to the forums until Jan 2009.
    But some ideas that came to mind were of course some Irmscher goods which werent going to be cheap:
    Irmscher Pedals
    Rear Lights
    Hella Front Lights
    Light window tints (rear and side windows)
    Irmscher Alloys

Of course all the above was in my head, and no fixed ideas at all!
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Next was to give a car good old clean and polish, it was cut short as bad weather was on its way in, which was a shame.
    I had removed the old mud guards, as looked a bit silly with them on just one side, so with bit of grunty, good old rusty screws!

Didnt come up too bad, course it being quick it was a wash and polish, nothin more. All using AG stuff and very brief time spent it looked good

The Headunit need urgent replacement. The previous owner had installed aftermarket unit and made mash of the install, as everytime igntion was off cut power to the unit, resetting everything. So had keep re-tuning it set equaliser levels. So looked online, and due to my love of Sony (dont know why, bit pricer but they last) i purchased this:
    Sony
    Front Aux
    Rear USB
    Three colour change (red, green, blue)

Sound quality is good, and plenty of functions and settings, chuffed with it, Still to date standard speakers in, and one of those things that need upgrading at a later time
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rear Lights & first Detail

So after signing up to the forums I saw wide range of Rear lights, and already liking Irmscher dark tinted lights, i chose have them.
    Did search on Ebay and found a set, and won the bid, they arrived, and bit dissappointed with the condition, slight crack and green stuff on the seal, but you can hardly see this so no worries there for me

Also gave the car great Wash, polish gloss and waxed all with AG stuff and came up great, the majority of swirl marks are now gone, or very hard to see
    Someone asked for quick photo shoot

Next was around May/June 2009 time i had target of getting New Grill, new Car mats as the old ones did look like had better days and change colour of the dials.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LED Change

So after several attempts of getting the LEDs in the Right way round, finally done. Went for White as prefer look, and matches black of the colour a lot more. Soon hopefully to getting the heater dials done, and and rest of the switches.
    So done Dashboard and mfd (Although i have no picture of this)

So from this:

To This:

Much better improvement. Cigeratte lighter has also been changed, just have to do the heater controls, just pain the but to get the console off. Will try in warmer dryer weather for that.

Also invested in Scanguage, fitted and installed. I decided wanted somewhere that could be hidden, but visible, and so since I dont smoke i found use for the ashtray. Ribbed it out and filed/sanded down edges of the Scanguage so it would fit. Installed plugged in and away it works. Been handy a few times already since ownership.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Grill

Wanted the front of the car to look different from the standard, but also bit rarer! As I am wanting to keep the Irmscher theme through out the car, purchased Irmscher Grill with Ally Strip, and got it from LMF, good service and price!
    Not many members had this grill, and does change the front

Interior wise was bland, so i purchased Irmscher Gear Knob - Aluminium and also Irmscher Car mats so chnages the inside a bit more.

What plan for interior next is:
    Irmscher Aluminum Handbrakee brake
    Alumium centre console (irmscher if i can find them, and at a good price)
    LED interior bulbs (Currently waiting delivery, hope it transforms the interior)

Well that is it for now.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update with the car:
    I have installed LED interior lights (will try and get pictures up next few days)
    Recently bought a DA6 Machine polisher and had quick session othere weekend, still a few swirl marks, but alot lighter now, and very impressed. Will have a clay session when im free.
    Looking for Irmscher bonnet extension (gold plated rocking horse poo)
    Irmscher foot pedals
    Irmscher Alumium Handbrake cover.

Car is also going in bodyshop over next 2 months or so, Will be getting the following done:
    Front Bumper Respray (after chippings and roadkill paint looking worse for wear!)
    Remove dents on drivers side (been there since ownership)
    Front drivers wheel arch (dinked by polite driver who drove off!)
    All that bodyshop been quoted £400

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Updating:
    Car is in the bodyshop on next week to get the dents on the rear panel done, and front drivers wing has small dent!
    Finally got perfect condition Irmscher bonnet extension (getting sprayed and fitted)
    Irmscher foot pedals (have to install the rest)
    So after car comes back will be having a good old clean, picture whoring will begin!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well only taken me 3months (since it had been in bodyshop to update this.... ) Will let this pictures do the talking really.

Bodywork on car. When purchase had some dents/scuffs on the drivers rear panel, so thought get that done. No more dents/scuffs on the panel, lovely and clean.
    Also got front drivers wheel arch redone after someone bumped into it in a Car park and drove off..

Got a Irmscher bonnet extension. Huge Thanks to DaveCoupe for this and mgodden1989 (Mark) & Glacious (Craig) for getting this to me. DaveCoupe bringing it down to Billing, and Mark picking it up, giving it to Craig, and Craig handing it too me. Much appreciated again
    Car got booked into the bodyshop, sprayed & fitted for £60 plus a washer jet Takes while get used to, and see over the front is non existant now!

Got Irmscher Pedals fitted
    Getting myself some Irmscher Wing mirrors for a Hatch, they be here next week and straight to bodyshop hopefully. Once they are all fitted I will get couple of Pictures taken of it.

Car will got in the bodyshop again in the spring time, front bumper is in desperate need of a respray
    Car got a whistle under hard accelration. Be off to Vaux for some TLC before or after xmas. Watch this space

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wing Mirrors

Well after having the wing mirrors in my shed for few months, finally got them painted last week, and got them fitted today. Typical luck when start taking old ones off it started to rain, but got them finish and installed.
    Just got to buy few clips for the interior panel as I thought I had some in the car (spares) but body shop must used them.

As you can see in the pictures, the bumper is in dire need of a respray lol