Thread: wiper fuse keeps blowing

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wiper fuse keeps blowing

Appologies it not the wiper fuse its the screen washers fuse.

hi my friend at work has an 08 astra and the wiper fuse blew i put a replacement one in and it blew again and again. any advice as to what is causing it to go?

also the boot will not open i have read elsewhere this is usually a problem with the external button and i will have a look at that seperate but thought id mention it incase there maybe a link i have read about thanks guys

chris

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it blowing straight away or after a few secs?

whats the screenwash concentrate like?

usually when a bad mix is used (or worse still just plain water), the mixture freezes casuing the pump to blow the fuse - if of course u have the model where the boot shares the same fuse then of course u lose that too

ive posted a fuse diagram at the top of this section to highlight which fuse u need

but its more than likely due to a poor mixture of screen wash - this recent cold snap obviously causing the mixture to freeze then the inevtiable blown fuse

some ppl say u can fit a 15A in its place but most ppl adopt the theory about the correct screenwash mixture

u could try removing the pump itself and giving it a clean - together with the bottle itself to ensure its not blocked up etc thus causing the fuse to blow even earlier

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above needs more screenwash in bottle, we have customers daily with same problem. other way to prevent this happening is to not use your washers in the cold hahaha