Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Fault Codes

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right section or not, i apologise if it isnt. Today i have performed the pedal test on my car and i have been given the codes for the following faults:

Knock Sensor 2

Control Module - Performance Problem

EGR Valve.

I know where the EGR valve is, but i have no idea where the Knock Sensor 2 and Control module are.

Does anyone know where i can find these two parts?

Thanks guys.
    2.2 Astra SE2 Coupe

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    replace the EGR first as this may well have affected the knock control through weak mixture from jammed EGR. The knock sensor if it needs to be changed after the EGR can be found down the back of the enging below alternator area. when buying EGR you will get what you pay for, so ensure it is a delphi unit and not a cheap pattern one. it is worth paying that bit more for a decent EGR valve

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    ok cheers. i have blanked off the EGR valve but that hasnt made much difference and still give me that code. I will look at replacing it. Any ideas about the Control Module tho?
    2.2 Astra SE2 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have u got the exact fault codes there? not the faults but the P**** codes?

personally id do what Steve says - replace the EGR (Delphi of course) reset the ECU then monitor it over a few days - a week or so then re-read the codes - the other codes may just be a cause of the dodgy EGR and ficticious

you may need the ECU reset with a scanner (these can be had for £20+) makes life so much easier than disconnecting the battery or unplugging the ECU.

I trust you will be cleaning the throttle body out too whilst ur there? or have already done so (remove it to clean it - no half arsed cleaning from the top job)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, mate i cleaned the EGR valve as suggested ysterday today, took it for a test drive (took it over 70 m.p.h and the bugger packed up on me, the plus side is i have now got a fault code which is p0400 what is this because it isn't even on the fault code list?

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    have u got the exact fault codes there? not the faults but the P**** codes?

personally id do what Steve says - replace the EGR (Delphi of course) reset the ECU then monitor it over a few days - a week or so then re-read the codes - the other codes may just be a cause of the dodgy EGR and ficticious

you may need the ECU reset with a scanner (these can be had for £20+) makes life so much easier than disconnecting the battery or unplugging the ECU.

I trust you will be cleaning the throttle body out too whilst ur there? or have already done so (remove it to clean it - no half arsed cleaning from the top job)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    P0400 is EGR! and it most definitely is on the list..... but can only assume u were lookin in the wrong place

therefore if cleaning didnt help then a replacement is really called for

try to keep to ur own thread as this is a little confusing...