Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Isuzu engine 1.7 non stater.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with Isuzu engine 1.7 non stater.

Dear all, I am trying to look at my daughters 2003 LS Astra with the Isuzu 1.7 engine, it was running until parked, then would no longer run, I have had the EDU checked, Spanner light flashing all the time, no fuel at the injectors, I have tried removing the outlet fuel pipe on the filter and sticking it a separate fuel supply in case of air leaks on the filter with no joy, does the pump have a bleed screw? what plug am I looking for to check 12 volts to the fuel solenoid? I take it that there is no other fuel lift pump than the mechanical one on the engine? Any suggestions would be most welcome. Regards Geoff.

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    immobiliser fault has cut the fuel

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Steve, many thanks for your mail message, there seems to be 2 devices, one been the key, the other a separate fob which seems to alarm, and make all the flashers go, would I be correct to say that it would be the key, I saw some where someone saying that they removed the device and put a link between the wires? I am worried about causing any damage to the car. Many thanks regards Geoff.

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    i would try the spare key that came with the car if you have it, to see if the transponder in that one is any better. i would not recommend bridging any wires in case you cause any electrical circuit damage. from your description of the key and seperate fob, i am assuming that the vehicle has an aftermarket alarm as opposed to a factory one

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Steve, many thanks again for replying, unfortunately no second key, it does look like an aftermarket alarm (cobra ?), many thanks again regards Geoff.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    May not be this but i had a problem with a corsa 1.5td isuzu engine not starting and there was a manual fuel pump button under the bonnet (cant remember where now tho) but a couple of pumps and all was fine again! just a though!
    1.6 16v CD

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tom, many thanks for the mail message, I will have a look around for a manual pump, the fuel in going through the lift pump and going back to the tank I believe, I did find a green relay in fuse box which appears to be continuously energised, I was hoping that this might of been part of the mobiliser circuit, but did not start. Many thanks again regards Geoff.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Non starter

Hi mate firstly where are you based ?
    Have you had any fault codes read?
    You may be barking up the wrong tree if the car is turning over but not starting then the problem may be the ecu at the back of the engine on the fuel pump send me a pm if you would like some pointers and I will pm you back with my phone number
    hope this helps
    Steve

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Steve, many thanks for the mail message, I unfortunately don't know how to send pm, must be my age! The EDU/ECU I have already had checked, The fault code I got was 1614 with the pedal check, my next move was to remove the plugs from the fuel pump, appears to be 2 to see if I have 12 volts for the fuel solenoid. This would at least tell me if the problem lies with the Immobiliser? I did try to lock the doors with the key in the ignition which it did not, which suggest that the Immobiliser recognised the key.
    If you can let me know your number I will give you a call. I have also been looking at the ELM327 package on Ebay, Many thanks for your mail message regards Geoff. Portsmouth.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The p1614 code is most certainly an immobiliser fault as it is:

P1614 Wrong Security Code received Immobiliser C-06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast