Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

front wheel bearings mk4

hi people
    i am fairly new to this so bare with me please.
    i have an astra mk 4 1600 8valve 4stud on an 02 plate, since its been snowin i clipped the curb and done a bit of damage, buckled rim twisted wish bone and some, took it to garage and they sorted wish bone so i could drive it but noticed steering wasnt coming bak to centre and a slight hum but car drove well so took it bak and they said wheel bearing right hand side and steering rack. so i have started it myself as they are well over priced, got everything loose and off beside driveshaft from hub, loosened tie rod end wish bone and hub from shock absorber and the torx bolt but drive shaft wont budge, and please can some one tell me bout this speed sensor as i noticed the hub i have bought has it but on car no wires connected to it so not sure if garage has 4gotten a loom any help wood be greatly appreciated,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the speed sensor also acts as the ABS sensor but if u dont have ABS u just leave it dangling (or just cut the plug off)

i presume youve removed the 30mm castle nut off the end of the driveshaft yeah? once removed u should just be able to knock the driveshaft thru using a rubber mallet or similar

the hub will probs be stuck solid onto the steering knuckle (aka hub carrier) but seeing as its seen better days u can probs get inventive and use a pry bar or similar to lever it away from the carrier