I hope you all had a good Christmas Day?
I've done some exhaustive searching on here and found out loads but still need a bit of help with this. My blowers did the common thing of being intermittent, then only working on number 4 now they have stopped completely.
Now before I go and source a new motor .... (I have a 1.6 16V '51 plate SXI)
- Where exactly is the resistor the controls the speed? (I've heard different things from behind the motor housing to inside the pollen filter housing!?)
- Can I test the resisitor, what should it register on a multimeter?
- Can I test the motor independently of the controls?
- Is the motor / housing different for my MK4 because I have Air Con?
- What's the part number for both the resistor and motor?
Sorry for all the questions, but I intend to do a guide with pictures once I solve the problem as I've not found anything comprehensive for my car and Haynes was sadly lacking.
- Any other advice?