Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Exhaust Emission Astra Mk 3

Hi & Happy Xmas.I'm a newbie on here.

I have a Astra 1.4 Merit 95, this has a fuel injection,Just been to have the MOT done and it failed on the Exhaust Emission whats the easiest way to get the Exhaust Emission down? Thanks and have a great day tomorrow.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    providing the exhaust is in good nick then often good to whack in some fuel treatment

my personal fave is a one called "cataclean" but think this is mail order only

Forte is a well trusted brand so may do some good...oh and give it a damn good thrash before taking it on the test.

can u post up the exact figures of the emissions so we can see how far out it was?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    providing the exhaust is in good nick then often good to whack in some fuel treatment

my personal fave is a one called "cataclean" but think this is mail order only

Forte is a well trusted brand so may do some good...oh and give it a damn good thrash before taking it on the test.

can u post up the exact figures of the emissions so we can see how far out it was?
    Hi and thanks I dont have the figures on the emissions. all it say are 1) Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive. (2) Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive. (3) Exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits. Tis all it says on the MOT Refusal forum.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Thanks

Hi all just to bring you some feed back. It was the catalyst & Lamba sensor. Thanks too every one and have a good 2010.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car failed on the emissions the other day, got a new lambda sensor for £70! and it got through but the seat belts need replacing lolso it failed for the 3rd time in a week