Thread: z22se airbox

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z22se airbox

Is there point getting an intuction kit for this engine, or is it not worth it? would i be better off just de-restricting the airbox and putting in a K&N panel filter and a vec c or any bigger air intake pipe?

Cheers

Rhys

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt bother personally due to the route the air will need to take to go back on itself before reaching the TB

the standard 2.2 box is more than adequeate, as u say just fit a Vectra C intake (or make a double width one like Geoff did, or fit a Dbilas or similar), derestrict the box and fit an uprated panel. The ITG is probs the best for the 2.2 due to no AFM etc

You could fit an arlarged free flowing inlet from the box to the TB similar to the one Geoff made from ally tube - see his auto-biog for details - obviously the standard one is ok but free flowing is certainly advisable - less restrictions FTW!

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hehe yeah i agree with the final comment there whole heartedly! less restrictions FTW! hmmm, the route that this airbox setup has is strange i think, i think the vectra c intake would be more than sufficient really, but the aluminium tube you speak of sounds interesting. i will have to have a look at that to see diameter etc. i will probably derestrict the box tomorrow, i don't think i will be occupied all day!

Cheers for the reply, and the double width one was made by himself (i am assuming you are talking about Ffoeg?!) i have read his posts, he has done everything i plan on doing to mine in the near future!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right, i have been out today to have a look at the airbox, and something tells me it has already been de-restricted! does anyone have a photo of an airbox for a 2.2 that is restricted!?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it'll have a daft pipe or 2 in it - should be along the lines as those in the how-to guide even though not a 2.2 box

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i though it would, but the box is empty, neither the intake pipe nor the breather pipe have extensions into the box, sound like it's already been done mate?