Thread: Help needed?? Car wont start

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help needed?? Car wont start

hi i have a 1.7 dti astra on a 51 plate.Couple of months ago i had a new alternator fitted and every thing has been fine until the other day i got in my car to start it and it was totaly dead, no light or anything, so i asumed it was a new battery. i replaced the battery and perfect car started first time but the power steering was not working. couple of hours later and now the dash lights come on but car will not start again, but i can hear a noise coming from the fuse box or next to it.So i rang the aa but since i dont have home cover they wont come collect it or upgrade my package.
    Kinda stuck now as i cant get it to any garage and no one will come out to see it.
    any ideas people?? cant bump start it or anything

cheers Dean

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    push it round the corner and ring the aa back the f'in twats
    I would wright something funny and clever but does anyone read these anyway

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha was going to try that mate but said has to be so many miles from ya house. nakerd es for christmas

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you got any friends with an RAC policy that allows them to be a driver or passenger in any car?

Me and the mrs both have their basic policy registered at each of our addresses so we can essentially get home start on the others policy if need be, much cheaper too as its only £33 per year less £20 cashback from topcashback which comes to just £13 per year which is nice... )

Sorry though cant help much I'm afraid, sounds like a short or dodgy alternator, do you have any electrical testing equipment or a battery charger??
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i havent got any electrical testing equiptment pal,kinda ran out of ideas lol. i have tryed to get a few companys out to tow it but its far too low to get on the ramp.i would rather it was in the garage then sitting on the frount doing nothing.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hhmmm could be the starter motor earthing out or something like that maybe? my dad just had a similar problem, car would not have ANY power at all and it was cause the starter motor was earthing out

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    does sound like something is shorting out or bad earth somewhere. tow it more than the required distance from your home then call the aa, having said that you may have past several garages by doing this which will most likely have a look at it for you
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Check Control, Speed Locking