Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SMIC Woes!!! Help!..

Right Guys / Gals,

For those of you that have fitted the EDS / Courtenay or Regal 9 Litre Side Mount Intercooler, I would love to know how the hell you have managed this!.... I have tried on 3 previous occasions with the assistance of a very clued up friend, but still no joy....

1) We have moved the radiator back and spaced it for the use of longer bolts

2) Purchased additional pipework i.e alloy pipe plus reducer hose for the turbo to intercooler section.

3) Everything completed or so I thought then couldn't get the bonnet to close due to it catching on the Intercooler....

Can anyone please shed some light for me, otherwise this is going up for sale......

Cheers

Stush
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow WARDY25 On Twitter Add WARDY25 on Facebook
    afternoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

firstly i fit mine with courtenay hoses, not spaced back and bonnet and bumper cut away to death lol

finally did it right

new bumper
    some spaces with longer bolts at top of rad
    astra H bottom mounts with rubbers turned other way round
    a very slight trim top of bumper
    courtenay hoses including std look turbo to cooler hose

not had to do owt else, all shuts and opens correctly and doesnt hit anything
    ASTRA 'J' 330 SRI CDTI RST

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wardy,

Cheers for the heads up.... everything has gone on hoses etc.. but cannot get the bonnet to close.... Have pushed the rad back at the top SRI Turbo bumper no issues with space there.. I have all of the Courtenay hoses for my car including airbox, boost pipe etc... still no joy... where am I going wrong?
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just be careful the top of the intercooler doesn't rub on the slam-panel, Mine did it for 2 weeks without me knowing until I saw lots of metal filings. But that should give you an idea where it sits.
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Luke everything has been fitted although it is a tight fit.... But something must be wrong as the bonet cannot be closed.... I am at my wits end..... Does anything else need to be moved?.. Have you removed your Manifold heat sheild?...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They're easy, if it's catching on anything then the radiator can't have been moved back far enough.

When mine was fitted the only thing that was done was the bumper was trimmed very slightly, nothing that you could see with the bonnet shut and even with the bonnet open it wasnt noticable.
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope it's still on there, have you cut enough of the bumper?
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisC View Post
    They're easy, if it's catching on anything then the radiator can't have been moved back far enough.

When mine was fitted the only thing that was done was the bumper was trimmed very slightly, nothing that you could see with the bonnet shut and even with the bonnet open it wasnt noticable.
    Kris, my radiator has been moved as far back at the top as physically possible... All the way until it touches the manifold heat sheild...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_Coupe' View Post
    Nope it's still on there, have you cut enough of the bumper?
    I was told the SRI-T bumper didn't need trimming at all... The bumper has gone on fine....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The bonnet must be catching on the top tank then, did you use the supplied brackets with the cooler?, as far as i know they lower the rad slightly too.

Try taking the rubber out of the pass side mount to see if the bonnet will shut then?, if it does then you'll need to have the brackets modified so the rad sit's lower.
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get any brackets when I bought the intercooler... I bought it as a stand alone intercooler off Sam_888 on here... Kris I think I will need to look into removing the passanger side mount, otherwise I will need to sell it and look into a front mount....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast