Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFD is visable but doesnt seem to light up???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MFD is visable but doesnt seem to light up???

Its on the mk4, I had ago this morning by puttin brand new bulbs to see if it will light up but nothing. I can see the bulbs light up when i put it on its side so i know the bulbs are 100% working. When i put the mfd in certain angles, you can see its still reading the temp with the time bein 00:00 and the date being back in 1997. But its very very fade. anyone know what it could be??

cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeh another thing, I changed the bulbs behind my clcoks to blue and the milage display is very faint you can see its blue but not very well?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Have you put blue bulbs in the mfd too? Do a search for yellow filter and that will explain why it's not lighting the mileage up and ways round it!

Andy
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeh i have put blue bulbs into the mfd lol. Im not to good with that search but ill give it ago. thanks mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this problem and it was because i had bought crappy bulbs without resistors that blew my MFD up. They also slowly killed my dials as they shorted things out and started to kill them! Had to buy new dials and an MFD and get some decent bulbs from Oddjob.

HTH
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought the 2x prism bulbs for £4.99 in halfords so i thought for that price they got to be good lol. cheers anyway

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    havent knocked the dimmer wheel i hope??

doubt u have but i have to ask just in case sum1 else has done and comes across this in a future search!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dimmer wheel on the headlight control section? if so then i havent

I put the original bulbs back in and they dont seem to work now? they both work as i tryed them on the heater controls to make sure. I put 1 blue bulb in and one original bulb and for some reason none of them work but if i take the original bulb out then the blue one seems to work? and if i put both blue bulbs in then they both work but not lighting up time, date and temp. really weird. I can still see the mfd as its reading 2'c outside but just isnt lighting up

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    10-1 the MFD has the dreaded yellow diffuser fitted. This would mean the symbols are still visible in certain angles but as no backlighting is occuring they won't be readily visible. Seeing the 1997 symbols is a telltale as it defaults to that once the MFD had been disconnected, so the fact you can see that means the MFD is working but just not getting backlit. The OE bulbs are either blown or aren't making a good connection with the PCB, common fault. Remove the MFD and remove the bulbs, look inside the bulb holes and if you can see yellow you have the yellow diffuser fitted, white and you haven't and have another problem.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast