Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Technics - What a rip off!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Turbo Technics - What a rip off!

I just rang TT to organise for my turbo to be picked up and upgraded, but they have raised the price by £100! I rang a few weeks ago and got quoted £145+vat and that it was ok to have it done over the christmas period, then I rang today to be told it is £245+vat! What a rip off, the guy just didn't want to know whatsoever!

Im in a bit of pickle now as my car is in bits and I need my turbo reconed but don't want to spend that amount of money on something which will probably fail after 1000 miles!

Even Turbo Dynamics have raised their prices, whats going on with everywhere at the moment, you can't raise your prices by £100 in a week! That's extorsion!

Does anyone know if I can get the parts myself?

/rant

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    at least TD fit a trusted blueprinted seal as opposed to the bodged twin seals of TT so Id advise goin to TD personally

all seem to have hiked the prices up of late - guess thats business at the end of the day

you can DIY it but I cant imagine anyone in their right mind would want to take the job on - fitting the parts aint an issue but balancing the shaft???? not something for the amateur despite what certain ppl on here may claim

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Geordie, is there any way around going to them? I was aiming for 300bhp in January and have budgeted for everything, and now I have to rething everything because of these price increases!

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    If you are aiming for 300+ you are looking at a decent wedge of cash. £100 ain't going to make that much diff.

I bought a used turbo on here and had it recon'd by TD, very happy with it so far.

TBH £245+vat to get your turbo refurbed and uprated doesn't sound very likely as I found that is their starting price. Mine cost ~ £400 IIRC for refurb uprate and new shaft.

HTH.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in all fairness to tt there starting prices were very low and as warranty is offered with any work carried out etc they were probably finding it not worthwhile.
    Also I dont think the way you named this thread and slagged off a company is justified afterall if your not happy then dont use the company simples.

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I think you would be entitled to be aggrieved having being quoted a price, then to have it bumped by £100.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TTs have been spot on with me mate id use them anytime they have just sent me a brand new uprated vxr turbo for nothing as ive had a lot of issues with my old one...

Cant fault them...
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was going to buy my turbo from TT till they put the price up in 24 hours, when i questioned it they just said oh well thats just the way it is

TD all the way very healpfull and ended up being cheaper with delivery within 16 hours

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by npd View Post
    I think you would be entitled to be aggrieved having being quoted a price, then to have it bumped by £100.
    i still dont agree with slating a company in that way!
    its not as if you sent the turbo to them they completed the work then charged you more money.its a case of if you dont like the price then go elsewhere and if you wanted the price they quoted a few weeks ago then why didnt you get it reconed then...
    its a bit like people that buy a tv for xmas then find out its £200 cheaper in the after xmas sales....
    its hard luck...no point in getting irrate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by inmyvain View Post
    i still dont agree with slating a company in that way!
    its not as if you sent the turbo to them they completed the work then charged you more money.its a case of if you dont like the price then go elsewhere and if you wanted the price they quoted a few weeks ago then why didnt you get it reconed then...
    its a bit like people that buy a tv for xmas then find out its £200 cheaper in the after xmas sales....
    its hard luck...no point in getting irrate
    I agree, I put a post up on here about 6 weeks ago telling everyone that tts were going to put there prices up.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast