Thread: Green box results!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Green box results!

I bought my green box from DTUK (Andy) on Wednesday, Thursday morning it was here. I fitted it (and im numb with cars) in less than 5 minutes. I had it on setting 7 didnt feel much difference (but all cars are different). I turned it up yesterday to 8 and WOW WOW WOW what a difference i can certainly tell now. And if you drive it chilled the MPG is better so basically best of both worlds. Im so made up. So im gonna let the 8 run for a couple of days and turn it up again. Anyway enough of me blabbering on, just to say a big thanks to Andy for is excellent service and help, and for anyone who is wondering mmm should i get one of these.....BUY ONE BUY ONE BUY ONE!!!!!

Cheers.

Woz
    S60LWD

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you enjoy it, from the sounds of things they are definately the way to go. Can't wait to get mine, just a case of getting the funds!

Out of curiosity, what are the settings on them? (Ie: does it go from 1-9 etc.)
    'Luctor Et Emergo'

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    They go from 1-9 and then in to letters starting from A cant remember what letter it goes up to though. The letters equate to a higher power setting but there's more chance of getting a warning light come up when using the higher settings, depends on each car as to which letter will cause the light to flash up.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jran7337 View Post
    They go from 1-9 and then in to letters starting from A cant remember what letter it goes up to though. The letters equate to a higher power setting but there's more chance of getting a warning light come up when using the higher settings, depends on each car as to which letter will cause the light to flash up.
    Makes sense, cheers!
    'Luctor Et Emergo'

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow i rember when i got mine and when i went on setting 8 i was like wow then i went on 9 and waslike omg wow lol

then i went on A and was like ****ing wow then on setting b a s**t my self

but i only went on B afeter 8 months cause A seemed the highest my car could go until i got it serviced

you will injoy but like yo said give it time 2 get used 2 each setting and for you to get used 2 it cause then you will notice the jump in power more
    astra cdti 202bhp 323 lb-ft torque 45mpg
    audi tt 180bhp and no lb-ft torque lol

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great to read that youre happy with the system

100's of Astras now running this system worldwide
    Diesel Tuning UK - 1.9CDTI - 206bhp/430nm
    Exclusive Offers for Paying Members of A.O.C
    www.diesel-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Andrew how do you advise on first setting the box up with your car, with regards to the different settings etc?
    Red CDTi SRi 150PS
    Green Box/Eibach Pro-Line/Black Pentas/Debadged/Black Side Reps

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beato View Post
    Andrew how do you advise on first setting the box up with your car, with regards to the different settings etc?
    Taken from the instructions...

DTUK® GREEN - Adjusting your system
    When you receive your DTUK® GREEN/RED it will be preset by ourselves at a low/sensible setting.

If you look at the bottom of your system, (opposite end to the serial poer connector) you will find 2 number 10 torq screws.

If you remove these, and the plastic base you will find a Green/Red LED and blue dial.

On receipt of your box, the arrow in the centre of the dial will be positioned at 7,

We suggest that you drive your car on this setting before making any adjustments to the system

During the test drive, please check for smoke whilst the car is under load. A poof of smoke around about 2,000 rpm as the turbo kicks in is expected but should disappear shortly afterwards.

Adjusting your system

after your initial test drive you may want to "tweak" the system to find the optimum setting for your car.
    The dial has markings,1 – 9 followed by A-F.

Please note that every car is different, and there could also be variations in systems too, so if you read that "Joe bloggs" has his box set to D, and you find that at D your car either smokes or causes an engine management light, then don’t worry as this is a guide only and we are dealing with 2 mass produced products with varying tolerances.

To tweak the system you need to remove the base of the box, and then turn the dial in small increments, one position at a time, so from 7 go to 8,9 then move onto A

After you have adjusted your system this small amount, we advise that you re-test your car, again checking for smoke under load or engine management lights.
    If you are happy at this point then re attach the base of the box and enjoy.

If you feel you want more, then continue to turn the dial in small increments as explained above, making sure that you test drive the car after each adjustment.

If you turn the box too far and exceed the engine tolerances then you will either see smoke under load or an engine management light. If this is the case we suggest that you turn your ignition off, re adjust the system (turn it anticlockwise to turn it down) and everything will be fine.

If in doubt, please contact us on either number that is supplied with your system
    Diesel Tuning UK - 1.9CDTI - 206bhp/430nm
    Exclusive Offers for Paying Members of A.O.C
    www.diesel-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate
    Red CDTi SRi 150PS
    Green Box/Eibach Pro-Line/Black Pentas/Debadged/Black Side Reps

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew888 View Post
    Great to read that youre happy with the system

100's of Astras now running this system worldwide
    hello andrew just a quick question ,the extra power the box provides is it there all the time or only when the sports button is pressed .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast