Thread: Going to 'other' dealerships & the service you get

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Going to 'other' dealerships & the service you get

I'm not "car loyal" as i don't see the point. If something's good i will say so & if something is shit then i'll say so as well.

Had to call in to Vaux a few times to pick up parts. The bunch have always been very helpful, both on the desk and on the phone. Top marks.

Had to go to the local Volkswagen centre yesterday to pick up parts for the g/f's Polo.
    Found it, gandered about looking lost, finally finding the parts dept.

Stand there for a good while before anyone could be bothered to come to serve me.
    I didn't go specifically to VW, but while i was in the area, i thought i'd call in, so i asked if i should've made a phone call first to order, as i'm here to pick up a few parts.
    Guy looks at me like i'm dog shit. You're here for what?
    I'm here to pick up some parts, should i have called first or is it ok just coming down?
    I don't understand you.
    I'm here ...... to pay for........ some parts ....... for someone
    For who?
    For the g/f. I'm here to buy some parts on behalf of her. I want to know if you have them or not and if you do i want to pay for them.
    Guy looks into space ............. Oh right then. Let me see (he then takes me shopping list with codes and prices on)

On the list was the basic filters - oil, pollen, air, fuel.

He comes back with pollen & oil ......... that's all he stocks. Great.

What a helpful bunch.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    prob he doesn't understand why vag owners would want to get there hands dirty when you can book the car in and have the work done and enjoy a "free" cup of coffee while they charge you £80 an hour to do a service.

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Vauxhall garage my car came from are brilliant. Always nice & friendly.

Usually with me by the time im getting out of the car. Was even given a look around an Insignia VXR last time the Astra was in by the rather attractive parts lady.

On the contrast, the Honda dealer i dealt with when i had the Civic looked down their nose at me as if I was trying to steal something from their dealership! Not helpful at all and use to walk around me to serve customers if i was stood waiting. All that because id go in on the weekends in jeans and t shirt!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fiat (the only dealers i have experience with) are usually very good, but like all brands, you do hear horror stories. Don't think you can generalise a brand as good or bad, its more down to the individual dealerships

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always found my local VX dealership and parts dept very helpful. The Peugeot dealership and parts dept where well, to say the least rather poor, didnt know what half the parts i wanted where, they where too busy talking and trimming their fingernails (women, no offence to women of the board)
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    ATEOTD, they're only selling cars & car parts FFS, no matter what the branding is. They're not royalty.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I went to 5 vauxhall dealers with 16k in the bank, asking for a trest drive of a 5 door sri 1.9cdti. Not one of them could help me, not one evenn called me back in the 3 week window I had to get a car.

So I got a Seat Leon FR instead They had a choice of cars, with options gave me a 45 min test drive (I our own) and the customer sevice blew us away.

On another note 1 ford garage in Birmingham is awful and wouldnt piss on you, if your were on fire. Another is very helpful and can not do enough for you.

Moral of the story? Dont tar them all with the same brush - its a complete lottery!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Like any Franchise you get good and bad. Only need to look at a company like Powerflow to show it, some get really good write up's, others get slagged off worse than kwik-fit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    It's not necessarily a let's bag on other brands, more of a, your general view of the dealerships you've dealt with, be it good or bad, Vaux or non Vaux.

I've only had to deal with the 2 & those were my finds in this area - Morecambe.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try different dealerships, my dad has a skoda superb taxi, and he buys his wheels trims from audi because they are cheaper then skoda and everything else from vw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast