Thread: VXR Brakes on mk4 coupe 2.2?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

VXR Brakes on mk4 coupe 2.2?

I'm looking to upgrade to VXR front brakes on my coupe which is a 2.2. I presume i'll need the disks, calipers and pads and i've read i'll need the brakeline but is there anything else i'm missing?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine had them fitted to the car when i bought it but it looks like discs,pads and caliper.the brake lines all look standard astra coupe ones but i might be wrong

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    youll defo need new brake hoses

all Mk4/Mk5 models (non VXR) use M10 banjo bolts on the caliper

VXR 322mm use M12

so calipers, carriers, discs, pads & hoses

Go for some braided hoses if u can - I got mine from Courtenay (just regular Astra VXR spec braided ones)

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help people.Was just a little confused after reading Courtenay's website on the VXR upgrade page (http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=378) as it mentions caliper brackets. Are these the same as the ones i already have or are these the carriers.

Apologies i'm not the best with the terminoligy here!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    caliper brackets = carriers

youll need the VXR ones but most brake kits come supplied with these - I know Thorney Motorsport were selling loads of these kits a few weeks back so worth giving them a shot - if not Im sure Craig can get u some.

A lot of sellers just list them as "calipers" but most include the carriers - just make sure beforehand lol

Dont worry your terminology/understanding is far better than some of the nobs on here who go on as if they know it all

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    caliper brackets = carriers

youll need the VXR ones but most brake kits come supplied with these - I know Thorney Motorsport were selling loads of these kits a few weeks back so worth giving them a shot - if not Im sure Craig can get u some.

A lot of sellers just list them as "calipers" but most include the carriers - just make sure beforehand lol

Dont worry your terminology/understanding is far better than some of the nobs on here who go on as if they know it all
    Cheers for clarifying that for me mate. I'm ideally after a used set in preparation for a planned engine swap in the future so just working down the list of other items that need upgrading.

Craig has a couple of sets i believe at the moment, just wanted to check there wasn't anything we'd overlooked and that a 2.2 wasn't different from a coupe turbo setup for example.