Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried about the coolant now.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation worried about the coolant now.

.instead of the yellow top being removed on the coolant bottle, if for some reason your working on another area, & those two small pipes are removed to get to wherever it was, and it spills a lot of the coolant away where only the amount left is just at minimum, and its refilled with some water back to near max, - are there any possible issues which could arise until some proper coolant is added?

thing is when the EGR valve was checked by a friend, the two pipes on the top left of the bottle was removed to make space, thus, spilling a fair bit out

i was told something that it has to be air tight (coolant bottle), and if these two side pipes are removed etc, there could be air in the system now and may need re bleeding etc, and i may have temp issues.

the coolant is still pinkish & a little concerned about driving it.
    maybe take it into VX to re-sort before this weather freezes...

thank you.
    2007 (57) BLACK 1.3CDTi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You shouldnt have a problem mate, run it upto temperature without the lid on the coolant bottle to remove any excess air in the system, as long as theres some coolant in there still will be ok, but add some more when you can

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joereynolds89 View Post
    You shouldnt have a problem mate, run it upto temperature without the lid on the coolant bottle to remove any excess air in the system, as long as theres some coolant in there still will be ok, but add some more when you can
    thanks.
    how would i know when its @ up to temp?.
    how long do i keep the lid off?.
    there was up to the minimum mark of coolant roughly before the water was added.
    is it still worth taking it to VX to get it flushed cleared as there is water still in it so i cant add any more as its at max.

thanks much.
    2007 (57) BLACK 1.3CDTi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you dont run 100% anti freeze its a dilute, its fine with water in and just a small top up (To be honest top up not really required anyways)

its upto temperate at about 90, but if you wait for the fan to kick in, then the thermostat is open, fill upto maximum mark at that point, and stick the lid back on

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Joereynolds89 View Post
    you dont run 100% anti freeze its a dilute, its fine with water in and just a small top up (To be honest top up not really required anyways)

its upto temperate at about 90, but if you wait for the fan to kick in, then the thermostat is open, fill upto maximum mark at that point, and stick the lid back on
    how can i tell its @ 90, @ temp?. i got the life edition if that helps.

only had the car around like a month or so-don't never think i have heard the fan.

sorry for the daft question(s)
    thanks..
    2007 (57) BLACK 1.3CDTi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think you are worrying too much let it tick over for several mins until the heater gets warm and that will be prity much operating temp, I really don't think you have anything to really worry about regarding the cooling system.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry mate but dont you have a temperature guage?!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If its the Mk5 then there is no temperture gauge

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to see the temp you need to get to the "hidden display".radio on then hold the setting button until you hear a beep then press the button with the dot in next to the display,each time you press the dot button you will see on the display some wierd setting ,just keep pressing till you get to one that has a T the number next to it is the engine temp.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster View Post
    to see the temp you need to get to the "hidden display".radio on then hold the setting button until you hear a beep then press the button with the dot in next to the display,each time you press the dot button you will see on the display some wierd setting ,just keep pressing till you get to one that has a T the number next to it is the engine temp.
    But Im not sure this is possible on some lower spec models, my Club had the cd30 in it and I cant seem to access anything like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast