Thread: car got seized :(

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

car got seized :(

well my new insurance started last week on the zafira. its on my fathers name and its an any driver policy.
    I stopped at the lights and took my belt of to take my jacket off. that split second a police officer on a bike came next to me, seen me and told me to pull over so he can write me a ticket out. fair enough. After the ticket he PNC checked me and told me am not insured. so i told my brother to bring the insurance certificate down so i can prove to him i am.. got the certificate and realised am not insured! He rang the insurance company aswell and they gave the same answer! so car got taken away etc.
    The problem is, i had the EXACT same policy last year, and on the certificate for that policy it clearly said any driver. i told the man on the phone i want the EXACT same policy, and made him confirm 100 times that it was any driver when i set it up. and am payin the same amount. 1300. so if its not any driver at the moment. why is it 1330 for a 50 year old driver with full no claims bonus?
    So i rang my insurnce company and told them the situation, and they said theyl check the recording and get back to me in 10 days!
    so were do i stand? if am proven to be right, will i not the get 6 points and fine? and will the compound fee be returned? and if not.. them am i basiclly screwed?

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Iv always been under the impression that for the "any driver scheme" to work that driver had to hold their own insurance too. So a 3rd party could drive your car but only if they had their own policy on a seperate vehicle.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan87 View Post
    Iv always been under the impression that for the "any driver scheme" to work that driver had to hold their own insurance too. So a 3rd party could drive your car but only if they had their own policy on a seperate vehicle.
    nope thats not the case..
    its anyone with a license...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can have a trade type of insurance on a person where they can drive what they like as long as its mot/tax, trade on a veichle where anyone can drive that viechle as long as they hold a license and match some simple terms, or some insurances allow third party drivers to use veichles insured by others etc iirc

Sorry i cant help with the actual issue, but id be passing my costs onto my insurance if it was found to be there mix-up

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Going by the amount of times this has been on tv (not just them stupid cop programs)
    The insurance is on the person not the car.
    The any person policy (unless this is trade) means anyone can use the car however every driver must have a minimum of third party insurance in case of an accident.
    However even trade doesn't help at times and in the event of an accident (first accident I had was buy an trade insured driver) you can still be pulled for no insurance.

The only exception I know off were my sisters insurance banned her from driving any car she didn't own ! so she's since changed insurance agencies because of this.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    chances are mate the insurance company are deleting the phone recording as you speak!
    THE STATEMENTS MADE ABOVE ARE MERELY MY OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS STATEMENTS OF FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_coupe View Post
    chances are mate the insurance company are deleting the phone recording as you speak!
    I doubt they are. Anyone selling insurance policies are FSA registered, and would need to be auditable at a guess. Why delete a phone record? They probably get queries like this all the time

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJB2K3 View Post
    The any person policy (unless this is trade) means anyone can use the car however every driver must have a minimum of third party insurance in case of an accident.
    Thats what I was told too by my insurance company.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on the policy, it would have all sorts of exclusions in surely otherwise anyone with 2 drink driving convictions and 9 points would just get their mate / wife whatever to take out an any driver policy. check your policy details. Normal fully comp cover allows the driver to drive any other vehicle 3rd party as long as someone else is insured for it. A policy covering a vehicle for any driver probably stipulates something similar, ie any driver who also holds their own csr insurance to stop high risk drivers using it as a loophole. They aren't stupid !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mate this happened to me on my starlet....I got pulled for undertaking so they check it on their system and my details didn't come up so they wrote me a ticket to take my doc's to the police station within 7days. Took it down their and I found out that the insurance company put the month after start date...so then the officer was like you need to take it up with them. I was like my car is outside lol she was like drive home safely and don't crash lol...spoke to the insurance company and said they will get back to me in 10days and they will insurace me for 10days for free. they checked the phone records and it turned out they made the mistake and then gave me £100 discount to say sorry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast