Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst place you've worked.........but WHY?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Worst place you've worked.........but WHY?

As in, example as to why it's the worst.

I've only ever worked at one place, so by default it's the worst & also falsley defaulted as the best as well.

I'm possibly going to wind up with some kind of warning, or at worst - sacked.

All this due to the fact i left last night with 1 vehicle left to load (work for a builders merchants) as my department colleague said he'd stay & do the work.

The work got done. I should also mention the fact that in previous weeks, i have stopped whilst others have left.

Today all hell breaks loose. I get summoned up for a fierce interrogation. Grilling me until i answer with what they want to hear. The work colleague told me his grilling was the same - but in such a way as they tried to get him to drop me in it.

He told them how it was childish to be squabbling over something so minute when the work got done.

I could list many many MANY examples, but that's the most recent.

I desperately need out of the place, but even more desperately need to figure out what i want to do as far as work is concerned.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    1. Deputy Manager for Lidl supermarkets. Crappy hours and a company work ethic that invoked no enthusiasm nor apathy at all. Made me hate to get up and go to work. Everyone there hated the place including me. Ended up throwing the safe keys at my boss and walking out midshift.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive only worked 2 jobs

my first was the worst by far - working on the shop floor in the pound shop - every time some retard asked me how much something was I wanted to beat them to death with whatever crap they were buying

also the pay was shit and the managers were a right bunch of ******s
    Flame Red 2002-02 Mk4 1.6 SXi RIP
    Flame Red 1997-R Corsa 1.4 8v
    Back in an Astra Silver 2000-X Mk4 CD 1.6 16v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vMatt View Post
    Ive only worked 2 jobsevery time some retard asked me how much something was I wanted to beat them to death with whatever crap they were buying
    Guilty of that one...

Worst place I worked was a comission only job lol... I went to work and if i was having a bad day i earned absolutly nothing so your not allowed to have a crap day... holiday... sick time... nothing I left after a week lol. Im worth so much more then that haha.

Loved most the other places where i worked. where i am now is going downhill rapidly but hey theres other things out there.

Ive never really stuck a job mind lol get so bored....

I have commitment issues

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Iv'e only had 2 jobs. Sainsburys and Openreach.

Sainsburys is the worse of the two just because the pay is crap. But the people there were great and work was easy.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i must be a fair bit older than most on here.... been made redundent five times and now work self employed. However i also do a couple of days a week as a fitter at Helfords.
    I started Halfords around ten years ago when it was owned by Boots and all was great and the perks of a garage to use were handy. Now days its a horrible place to work due to no staff left,no training,min wage for most & no garages(sold them to the AA). so now all fitting is done in a tent with only two sides which is fine in summer but not so good when its minus five.
    After christmas it looks like all remaining full timers are being made redundent and only twenty hour positions will be kept.

So hence Helfords IS the worst of around twelve jobs i've had over the years.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Packing wagons in Gretna - was working for employment agency and told to turn up at this guys house for 10pm. Driven through to Gretna, told to start work, no instructions at all. Wagons to be unloaded turn up one side of the warehouse, wagons to be filled at the other.

Warehouse manager had a go at me for being too slow and for not sticking to one wagon until it was empty...OK, like anyone told me to do that, then to top it off, guy drives us home whilst him and his friend smoke some joints...

Needless to say, I never went the next day!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Working for Tesco's...no explanation needed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willbaroo View Post
    Working for Tesco's...no explanation needed.
    it's not that bad mate!

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I worked for an office interiors company in an inbound call centre taking orders and offering technical advice on suspended ceilings and plasterboard....YAWN!!! It was so mind numbingly boring. I only stayed 7 months and couldn't wait to get out of the place.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast