Thread: Headlight out of alignment

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlight out of alignment

I have recently just replaced the drivers side headlight bulb and its not aligned correctly. Its pointing upwards slightly so its been shining in oncoming drivers eyes.

Now ive replaced headlight bulbs before loads of times with no problem so im not sure why this is happening, and ive tried messing around with it but as far as i can see it only fits in one way.

My car is an 02 1.6 Mk4 and although i didnt actually buy the bulb myself, my fiancee asked for an 02 mk4 astra headlight bulb.

Im scratching my head on this one, and ive had to remove it until i can find out why its doing this.

And yes, ive tried the headlight adjustment wheel inside the car, the left hand one moves up and down but the drivers side doesnt.

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    make sure the height adjuster hasnt been knocked or unplugged - remove the connecter and refit it to make sure

these can sometimes go "lazy" so might be worth checking this as the possible cause

it could have even be dislodged from the runner it sits in but very unlikely unless its received a damn good knock....sounds to me like its just stuck in the wrong position

either that or wrong bulb fitted - worth a check but doubt thats the cause if the adj dont work

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, i shall take a look at that

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Soz to thread jack, but while an alignment topic is going, i'd like to ask...

If your bulbs are aligned ok, and then you replace them. They sit in the holder, the holder then twists into the headlight back where it came from. How can it then be out of alignment?

Not saying this is anything to do with YOUR specific case mate, it's just something i'd wondered. My bulbs look no different to before.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, i couldnt work out how it was out of alignment when it comes out and goes in the holder one way, and believe you me ive tried every which way but loose lol

The next issue is now that i have left the rubber cover off the headlight has loads of condensation in it, any ideas on how to get rid of that?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is the case, but could the alignment vary depending on the bulb as I imagine the thickness of the glass isnt an exact science so could refract light more than another. Like a tolerance?