Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter

Angry Murketts Huntingdon taking the p***

Sent GF in last week to get a new rear wiper for the MK5, they take the reg, give her wiper happy days!

Go to fit it last weekend to find they have given me a 3 door wiper, when I have a 5 door. In my rage of putting the old one back on, managed to snap the fitting on the wiper arm - not so happy days.

So Monday, went to Murketts in Huntingdon to exchange wiper and get new wiper arm as well. Bloke couldn't understand that I was given the wrong one, and didn't grasp the idea I needed a 5 door wiper which is longer.

So eventually it turns out surprise surprise, neither wiper nor arm are in stock. So it was ordered to arrive at dealer on Tuesday. At same time I asked him to get me a price on a grill for the MK5. 10 minutes later and he finds nothing, isn't even aware that the new Vauxhalls all have a chrome strip and V on the grill - thick or what.

GF goes back in tonight to collect the 5 door wiper and also the arm. Guy in parts department turns round and tells her is was sold to someone else ... grrrrr getting annoyed by now! One of the other guys tries making out that someone else has collected it on my behalf, which they didn't! So they say they will order again for tomorrow and have it delivered to any local address for me.

By now I am fuming down the phone to my poor GF who is in the parts dept at Murketts telling her to just get the money back on the 3 door wiper I paid for, but returned to them.

Very reluctantly they eventually gave her the money back after persuading her several times to re-order. Not a chance, not the first time they have f****d me about with parts.

Will be going to another dealer now in the future, just so unreliable, never have "common" parts in stock - just sooo frustrating.

*Rant over*
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    Sent GF in last week to get a new rear wiper for the MK5, they take the reg, give her wiper happy days!

Go to fit it last weekend to find they have given me a 3 door wiper, when I have a 5 door. In my rage of putting the old one back on, managed to snap the fitting on the wiper arm - not so happy days.

So Monday, went to Murketts in Huntingdon to exchange wiper and get new wiper arm as well. Bloke couldn't understand that I was given the wrong one, and didn't grasp the idea I needed a 5 door wiper which is longer.

So eventually it turns out surprise surprise, neither wiper nor arm are in stock. So it was ordered to arrive at dealer on Tuesday. At same time I asked him to get me a price on a grill for the MK5. 10 minutes later and he finds nothing, isn't even aware that the new Vauxhalls all have a chrome strip and V on the grill - thick or what.

GF goes back in tonight to collect the 5 door wiper and also the arm. Guy in parts department turns round and tells her is was sold to someone else ... grrrrr getting annoyed by now! One of the other guys tries making out that someone else has collected it on my behalf, which they didn't! So they say they will order again for tomorrow and have it delivered to any local address for me.

By now I am fuming down the phone to my poor GF who is in the parts dept at Murketts telling her to just get the money back on the 3 door wiper I paid for, but returned to them.

Very reluctantly they eventually gave her the money back after persuading her several times to re-order. Not a chance, not the first time they have f****d me about with parts.

Will be going to another dealer now in the future, just so unreliable, never have "common" parts in stock - just sooo frustrating.

*Rant over*
    Shame they used to be quite good when they were in St Ives.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by yuzi87 View Post
    Shame they used to be quite good when they were in St Ives.
    Certainly won't be going there again!

I won't repeat the words on here which I described them to my GF as, family forum and all.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i heard murketts are pretty good drive in bury ant to bad but they do look dwn there snout at u some times!
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post

*Rant over*

Dude Vauxhall suck big time.
    I use LMF Vauxhall for all my needs. I tried to get new centre console for the insignia and was told by my local dealer it is non stock part n they cant get it from months etc.

Rang LMF and had it within 3-5days! All the way from Germany!!!!!

LMF get you everything and anything you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had a similar problem with a big saab dealership near me (Alexanders, near Teesside) as I needed a pair of HEADLIGHT wiper blades, and I did stress the HEADLIGHT part of it. Waited for weeks and weeks, eventually I called to ask if they were in and got "yes they are" (nice of them to bother telling me) so went all the way over there (about 20 mile trip) and the parts bloke cheerfully handed me a box about 3 foot long.

Suspicious I opened the box on the spot, which (of course) contained a pair of windscreen wipers. (which if I HAD wanted them, I could have bought them *anywhere*, not make a special trip to bloody teesside. )

I pointed out that it was NOT what I had ordered, he assured me it was, I pointed out that the only reason I came to a saab garage to make the order was that it was a relatively difficult part to get, as headlight wiper blades are not very common, especially for that model.

They promised me that they'd order them for me, I called every week for a few weeks before giving up altogether. Instead we had to make our own replacements by cutting down a length of regular wiper blade rubber and jerry-rigging it in place

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately they seem to have gone down hill since they moved into there Huntingdon branch. You may or may not know but the Huntingdon branch was originally a BMW and Mini garage but when they lost the BMW franchise (apparently didnt sell enough cars so im told) they moved the Vauxhall's from St Ives to Huntingdon and now its seems that the BMW parts guys also do the vauxhall parts which I think is the problem as I have had troubles with them.

Have you tried Burton Brothers in Ramsey? I used to use them alot until I changed jobs and Murketts St Ives was on the way to work so made sense.
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by mk4_sport View Post
    Unfortunately they seem to have gone down hill since they moved into there Huntingdon branch. You may or may not know but the Huntingdon branch was originally a BMW and Mini garage but when they lost the BMW franchise (apparently didnt sell enough cars so im told) they moved the Vauxhall's from St Ives to Huntingdon and now its seems that the BMW parts guys also do the vauxhall parts which I think is the problem as I have had troubles with them.

Have you tried Burton Brothers in Ramsey? I used to use them alot until I changed jobs and Murketts St Ives was on the way to work so made sense.
    Spot on there mate, it is BMW sales people selling Vauxhall parts. The guys basically admitted to the GF earlier that they are very limited on Vauxhall knowledge, yet its VX dealer

I think in future I will go to Burton Bros in Ramsey. Murketts were convenient as I could drop the GF at work on a Saturday morning and pick up parts on the way home. Think in future I will go out of my way to Burton Bros, you are the 2nd person in a week to mention them now.

Have sent a rather long rant to Murketts to vent my anger - don't want anything back from them, just thought they needed to be aware at the levels of customer service which is being provided.

On a seperate note, the GF got rather creeped out by the middle aged guy when he asked for her name and phone number so he could delivery the parts by hand to her. After she had told him her name he replied and looked at her and said "Thats a lovely name". She didn't know how to take this - most would just see this as pervy, middle age guy telling someone of the late teens early twenties that they have a nice name is wrong IMO.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Funny you should say about your GF feeling creeped out, my missus felt the same although nothing was said they just kept staring at her like she was a peice of meat and naturally that made her feel very uncomfortable.

As for Burton Brothers were very good when I used them and like you I think I will use them from now on in the future as long as the service is good, If he is still there you want to speak to Pete on the parts desk hes an older guy with a beard but always seemed very knowledgeable.

As you seem to be in Huntingdon quite alot im amazed I hav'nt seen you around as thats where I live, maybe one day I will or I'll come along to a regional meet and get to know some of the local(ish) astra owners
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by mk4_sport View Post
    As you seem to be in Huntingdon quite alot im amazed I hav'nt seen you around as thats where I live, maybe one day I will or I'll come along to a regional meet and get to know some of the local(ish) astra owners
    I myself don't live in Huntingdon, I live in Essex.

My GF lives in Chatteris, and spend most weekends up there. I usually make a couple of trips to Huntingdon in a weekend to take her to and from work. Most definately pop along to a regional meet in future would be great to meet you.

Just so you know what you are looking out for, I drive a Black MK5 5 door on 55 plate. Have got AOC logo and URL stickers in the rear window:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast