Thread: Red Dot Again

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red Dot Again

right went to red dot today. and before we had loaded another map on to the car it was running 274bhp and then 331 ft lb. this was becuase when inspecting my turbo etc i had adjusted the actuator without knowing. but any how.

we then loaded a map on but found out that my stem seals had gone and this is what my problem had been all along as oggy from red dot told me this was my problem as he could hear it in the engine when he was booting it so didnt wana take it over 5000rpm. but they said the map i had loaded on should be between about 280-290 maybe little bit more but not sure on the torque.

he also said it definatly couldnt be the turbo as it was holding boost and everything perfect.

tbh i would like to take the time out and say sorry to joe reynolds for accusing the turbo of being knackered but anyone could understand why i would have thought this.

so the results are still to be know after i get them stem seals done. but i know the car is at least 274 bhp and 331ft.lb

so who ever next organises a rolling road meet im there to see what power i make .

how much is it going to cost me to get my the stem seals put it and the vavles re ground roughly?

also would they be able to take the head off and put it back on and time the car all back up for extra cost? if so how much of an extra cost do people think this would be?

help appreciated guys
    MK1 Focus RS Sleeper

GT28, Tubular Manifold, Pro Alloy FMIC, 3inch Turbo Back

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    heres a video guys. duno how to get it as a video on here rather than a link if anyone can helo would be great as its a facebook vid as me mate did it

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....5482442&ref=mf
    MK1 Focus RS Sleeper

GT28, Tubular Manifold, Pro Alloy FMIC, 3inch Turbo Back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need to take the head off to do the stem seals.

Probably cost around the £200 mark to get it done.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...