Thread: about to start the 3.0 v6 conversion.......

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

about to start the 3.0 v6 conversion.......

Just a couple of things, the car is a '99 2.0 SRi, so it's big block ready and has ABS, so that should make things slightly easier, so basically what i'm going to is unbolt the x20xev from the gearbox, meaning the driveshafts etc are all in their original places etc? that'll work ok won't it?
    I believe the box is a rod type f18 (not a biggy because i don't drive like a dick), so i'm going to use an early c20xe flywheel and clutch, so all i really have to do is bolt the motor to the box, as the shafts, mounts, hydraulics on the box are untouched and fabricate a drivers side mount for the engine from scratch? and this mount should take up the 23mm difference in the engine length? am i right?
    And finally will the splines on the f18 input shaft be the same amount as the C20xe clutch? or is there a different clutch set up i should use?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also anyone know if a vectra v6 f23 is the same as an astra 2.0 f23 mount wise?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did someone read TV this month lol. A modified omega mount will do it from what ive heard.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt sxi View Post
    Did someone read TV this month lol. A modified omega mount will do it from what ive heard.
    lol, no check my previous posts i've been threatening to do it for nearly 2 years! lol! just haven't had the time , as for the omega mount i take it you mean the drivers one? that's not really a prob, a good mate is a welding god, just wondering about the gearbox side of things really?