Thread: newbie with 2 problems!!! pls help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

newbie with 2 problems!!! pls help

Hello everyone, hope ive joined the right forum.

The thing is I have 2 problems at the moment, 1 being that for some reason the high beams on my astra keep flickering on and off without me doing anything. I cant drive at night as it looks like im flashing the person in front of me! any ideas?
    and when i do flash someone then they just stay on permanent and cant get them off!

my 2nd problem is (well third if you count the last one as 2 lol) is none of my instrument controls light up on the centre console. By which I mean the dials to change temp and speed. Im guessing its a blown bulb but how would I change it?

Thanks in advance for any help. (the first problem is the one I really need to know)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the first problem will be the stalk, it needs replacing - this is a fairly common problem

the second problem will be a bulb - theres a how to guide on this site which explains how to get the centre console out, youll then need to take the heater control bit out and swap the bulb - do both as if you dont chances are the other will blow as soon as you have everything put back together
    Flame Red 2002-02 Mk4 1.6 SXi RIP
    Flame Red 1997-R Corsa 1.4 8v
    Back in an Astra Silver 2000-X Mk4 CD 1.6 16v

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Problem one is either the control stalk or the main beam relay.
    Problem two will probably be bulbs, replace all of them when you have the controls out.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the replies.
    I have found out today that it is the indicator stalk which is damaged so im going to replace that as soon as possible. but for now I took out the fuses to stop them coming on, but ive run into another problem!!! Now the blowers dont work!! checked fuses well most of them but im not sure which one controls the blowers!

As for the second problem I had, any chance of directing me to the diagram so that I know how to do it? thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    since taking the fuses out for the high beams, my blowers have stopped working, but yesterday whilst out driving, the lights for the dials on the centre console came on so im guessing the bulbs are ok. but as soon as I stopped and started again they were gone. I have no idea how this happened.

My main problem now is my blowers, I cant drive my car as they get too steamy to see out of!! its a real pain. any ideas? fuse is ok not sure about the resistors though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which astra do you have mate? blowers dont work at all? or on some speeds? you can try to change the resistor, cheapest thing to try that might work.
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a T reg astra club. The blowers are not working on any speed. could I have done something by taking the fuses out fot the high beam lights???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you taken the centre consol out to have a look? might have a dodgy connection, plug may have come out etc. it would work if the resistor was faulty i think, only on full speed though as that would not need the resistor.
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...