Thread: Astra Mk4 Handbook

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Mk4 Handbook

I brought my mk4 sport on a 54 plate last wednessday with no literature. Before I splash out 15 quid on ebay for the books, I thought its worth asking if all the books for that model are the same... I.E. The one I have been looking at was a 2003 print, will that be close enough to my car?

Cheers

Paul

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not being funny, but in the 4 years I've owned mine I have never used the Handbook. If I have a problem or question about my Astra I ask on here. Most of the technical specifications you needs are listed on the site that the Handbook would contain.

IMO your £15 would be better spent on a Haynes manual. They dont do one for the Coupe but the Hatch one is more than sufficient
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose, joy of the haynes is they don't support the 1.6 twinport, but thats a minor thing.

Reason I was looking into it is the ems light flashed when driving sat night and now is on constant. My dad has a vectra and his book says that means a probable emissions fault, would have been better to look at the astra book.

I think I brought a dog, still greenhouse will tell me that tomorrow when they nick 50 odd for an mot, 60 odd for a quality of repair report and 50 odd for the diagnostic.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above to be honest, i dont see why you would ever need to look in onee... ive got a collection of folders full because i forget to put them in cars when i sell them on! They really are useless

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Search pedal test on here, its a way to diagnose through the car to find what the problem is Better then any handbook can tell you! and saves you 50+ for a diagnoses as a garage!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for that, got the info now and emailed the codes home so will look into it tonight.