Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renault megane 1.5 dci helpppp!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Renault megane 1.5 dci helpppp!!!

Hi there, sorry about this but megane owners club is shiteeee!!!! so to my question:
    renault megane 1.5 dci comes in to forms 80 bhp and 100 bhp, I cannnot find the answer to this, what is the difference between engines? looking at a remap for the 80bhp you'll get 105ish for the 100bhp you'll get 120 :s they are both 8v. d'ya reckonn it's a bigger turbo? or what? looking at buyin one of these and the 100bhp sold before I could go look, but the 80 bhp looks a good buy.
    cheers
    adam
    OPCOM Stoke / Stafford | reset EML lights | fault codes | program keys | activate cruise control |
    PM me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Don't buy at all!

I owned a 1.6 sporthatch for 9 months, and spent about £1000 on repairs, electrics are shockingly bad!

Sorry, but thats my views, please feel free to ignore them if you wish
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its french dont waist your money.trust me i know i owned a clio and worked at renault.so please listen dont waist your money.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i work for a recovery company, and trust me when i say avoid a renault megane at all cost!!!!!!!!!

not worth the money and hassle!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalay207 View Post
    i work for a recovery company, and trust me when i say avoid a renault megane at all cost!!!!!!!!!
    I was on first name terms with AA guys in the Cambridgeshire area where my GF lives, I think I had them out 3/4 times in July last year, one guy came at least twice, lol
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmm what exactly were the problems with them? I have gone over this, it being french and all. but my dads laguna hasn't let him down besides some polybushes, lots of people (mainly at megane owners club) have said the 1.5 is a gem of an engine. car in question http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...8858&logcode=p :/
    OPCOM Stoke / Stafford | reset EML lights | fault codes | program keys | activate cruise control |
    PM me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the main thing on a renault is electrics, and considering everything on a megane is electric it can cause some serious issues. They suffer big time with the key cards not being recognized etc!

most things that go wrong require a trip to a renault main dealer!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmmm :/ iss checking absolutley everything works any sort of check? or is it just one of them things that they suddenly go wrong?
    PM me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Well, where shall I start:

January 08 - purchased
    February 08 - service, new tyres, cam belt kit, 2 coil packs
    April 08 - first AA callout (oil pressure light). replaced at renault dealer by family member for £20
    May 08 - high level brake light (£30), new keycard (£70 - also by family member at Renault dealer)
    July 08 - 2 more coil packs, then days later, EML light, TCS light & service light (faulty coils). coils replaced as proved faulty. then a week or so later, EML light again, cam shaft sensor. think EML light appeared a few days after again, but can't think why.

Luckily was end of the problems in terms of repairs I paid for. Air bag lights appeared several times momentarilly for some unknown reason, never bothered to have it looked into because I assumed it would cost.

Car then went, saw it for sale again a few months later, had had more work done. Tyres all round, brakes all round, new clutch and a few other bits. Car was an endless money pit IMO, best thing I did was to get rid of it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it really is one of those thing that suddenly stop, we recover people that have never had a problem and then without warning the card loses its programming, immobilisers fail, ecu's fail. Its all electric related!!

we used to have a 55plate renault espace dynamique and we went through 2 abs blocks in the space of 9months!

just think about your alternatives before sinking alot of money it one!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast