Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New keys needs cutting then what?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New keys needs cutting then what?

Right a got me new replacement key from eBay with circuit board key battery al together just needs cutting then what do a do after that a still have me old remote key but it's goosed not sure what to use now n sock of no buttonsss
    Whats a goon to a gobline, nothin?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iirc it needs programming to ur car & also, dont they have an immobiliser chip in them? If so this needs to be taken out of ur old key & glued into your new 1
    1.4 MK5 BEAST!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You will need to take the immobiliser chip out of your current key and move it into the new key (small black chip-doesnt need to be glued in it just sits there in a groove and is held in when the key is together) then the remote central locking part will need to be programming and synced with the car which will need to be done with Tech2 or OPCOM
    No longer a Astra Owner
    Now Drives -2006 Skoda Octavia vRs in Race Blue

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if i were you i would glue the chip into the new 1 as if you ever lose it ur ****'d! To programme the key put it in the ignition, hold the locking button, keep hold & turn to the 2nd click - ur doors should lock then unlock to signal its registered... sorted..
    1.4 MK5 BEAST!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marc_frobie View Post
    if i were you i would glue the chip into the new 1 as if you ever lose it ur ****'d! To programme the key put it in the ignition, hold the locking button, keep hold & turn to the 2nd click - ur doors should lock then unlock to signal its registered... sorted..
    Not as easy as that.
    The person has stated they have bought a key from ebay and is going to be using the new circuit board, this means it has never been registered to the car so that will need to be done first via Tech2/OPCOM before you can sync it via the method you have just stated.
    The keys have 2 parts, first is the immobiliser (little black chip) which is used to start the car and is linked to the immobiliser system. Secondly is the circuit board which has its own unique code and needs to be linked up with the central locking system of the car.

I have just done 2 keys for a MK4 Astra using 2nd hand fobs from ebay so i know all the above is fact and needs to be done
    No longer a Astra Owner

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Just to confirm if the key has never been programmed to the car in the first place it needs programming in via tech2 or opcom
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right sorted not!!!

Got me immobiliser in me new key didn't work just turning ignition n that so must need programming booooo how much tha gonna cost

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have put your old immobiliser chip in your new key and you have had a new blade cut or are using your old blade there should be no reason why the car shouldnt start. The only part that wont work is the remote central locking without programming...

If you are using the immobiliser chip that came with the 2nd hand key the car wont start and you will need a brand new immobiliser chip as they can only be programmed once (they can be picked up on ebay for around £3 delivered) then you will need it all programmed..
    No longer a Astra Owner

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Of course anyone with OP-Com (i.e me) or tech2 can do the programing for you, Vaux charge an arm n leg..
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

key works fine

key works fine but the remote central locking looking like its gonna have to be programmed anybody got one in blyth area i could get it sorted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast