Thread: Strange PC problem!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Strange PC problem!

This is driving me mad! can anyone help?

I currently have an old XP system in my bedroom, this used to be the main pc downstairs until we upgraded to Vista, it was spare so decided to just plug it in to my LCD tv in the room and everything works fine...

We have now upgraded again to windows 7 (new pc) making the Vista machine spare, So I want to stick that one in the bedroom, but when i plug it in to the tv it wont pick up the signal!

I'm connecting them using the standard monitor socket in the back, If I plug the XP machine back in everything works perfectly, so I know my cable and everything upstairs is ok, and also If I take the Vista machine back downstairs to the main system that works perfectly as well!

Is there a reason why they just wouldnt work together? a setting I could change on Vista maybe?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is the resolution on the screen, plug it back into the monitor downstairs and change the resolution lower.
    On a side note, you don't need to buy a new pc to get vista or windows 7
    Man in the sky murders 40 thousand in Tsunami.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You might need to re-adjust your display settings, although this might be difficult if you can't get a picture up! lol. Maybe hook it up downstairs and move the reolsution low etc? Maybe you have it set higher than your tv upstairs can handle so it isn;t coming up??? Only thing I can think of!
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Cheers for the advice will try it!

The first upgrade to Vista was just as the other pc was getting on abit and couldn't run many games or programs very fast, but was still ok for web browsing etc so kept it.
    After using the Vista pc for a year without any problems, I got a new Video camera and needed to upgrade the graphics card as it didnt have enough memory for HD editing, only problem was it was a slim-line pc I bought, and I learnt the hard way that these are only really suited to office use, as it's practically impossible to actually find a graphics card that will fit!
    Was advised the only really thing to do was buy a new pc lol, So have done that and it works great, but now leaves the Vista one spare.
    I'll bring it down and fiddle with the settings.

Edit: tried that, and it still hasnt worked :-(