Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Dahsboard + problem

Hello

I've been reading these forums for a year now and found loads of helpful information. This is my first ever post and it's a negative one (sorry).

I own a silver MK4 Club 1999 without a rev meter (tacho), after reading few posts I've decided to pay a visit to my local scrappy and got a dashboard of an Astra Coupe which worked fine. Later that day (me being me) I decided to mess around with it and install some blue LEDs... The problem Im having is my brake light came on and stays on all the time (brake flued is fine). Another problem is the mileage bulb, it won't light up the mileage unless i put a blue 509t prism bulb and even then the bulb stays on when i turn the ignition off.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can suggest something, that dash was pricey.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it the handbrake light, or the actual brakelights. Either which way, check the switches. Handbrake switch is a little black one on the handle, under the gaitor. The brakelight one is on the pedal. I had the brakelights come on perminantly on my mk4.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's the exclamation mark (!) and i forgot to mention that when i put my old dash in it's working fine and handbrake light goes off.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got rid of that dash and got a black one of a diesel 6k rpm, atleast it works.