Thread: Boost and engine management light

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boost and engine management light

Right I've beEn havin this problem for some time, I was cruising about 60 in 4th when this cheeky golf past me so I dropped down a gear to blow past him
    and my car juddered and started boosting slow Nd both engine management light and the car with spanner light came on, I disconnected my battery when I got to my mates for about 10 mins an then put it back on the lights stayed off at first but was idling about 5000rpm and cut and and the starte to drive and engine management light came on, still 4 week later it is on, I checked my codes it came up with p100 or p1000 I think and says air mass sensor(how much are they) also when boosting on my Gage is it ment to boost then not boost then boost then not boost??? As tht is what mine is doing??????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The MAFs can be found cheap on ebay

I payed around £30-40 for my MAF...Here in norway it would cost me over £200

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont get a cheapy maf off ebay itll pop in no time get a bosch one
    yeh if the maf goes ull have bad boost problem have you changed your air filter recently that could have done it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It was original GM one, it's got the part no. and everything

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman88vp View Post
    Right I've beEn havin this problem for some time, I was cruising about 60 in 4th when this cheeky golf past me so I dropped down a gear to blow past him
    and my car juddered and started boosting slow Nd both engine management light and the car with spanner light came on, I disconnected my battery when I got to my mates for about 10 mins an then put it back on the lights stayed off at first but was idling about 5000rpm and cut and and the starte to drive and engine management light came on, still 4 week later it is on, I checked my codes it came up with p100 or p1000 I think and says air mass sensor(how much are they) also when boosting on my Gage is it ment to boost then not boost then boost then not boost??? As tht is what mine is doing??????
    the MAF will do that. The wires in the filament are uber sensative and anything from the oil on an aftermarket filter to some grit can nack them. Avoid the cheap ebay copies unless you want to replace it every month. Pay the bit extra and get a genuine bosch one from a motor factor
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here