Thread: Fuel intake Problem???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fuel intake Problem???

Went to start my car this morning and had real trouble. It started at first (struggling) but stalled immediately. Bear in mind this is the 2nd time this has happenned in about a month (since the cold weather started). When I went to start it again it just kept turning over but wouldnt take. It was exactly the same as when you change the fuel filter and need to bleed it by keeping the key turned for ages at a time until diesel comes through and it eventually takes, but I havn't dont a fuel filter change or anything like dat recently.

What could be the problem, cause dont want to run the battery flat by having to keep trying to start it if it happens again.
    No astra at the moment, have a Vw golf 1.9Tdi, but watch this space...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have had a similar problem with my 1.7dti estate stalling when i was driving,sometimes wouldnt do it for an hour, sometimes i wouldnt even get out my street.had a friend look at the computer which brought up an error, rang vauxhall who confirmed it was to do with no presure in the fuel system pointing to the fuel pump...just traded it in and got rid as cheapest quote i had to get one changed etc was a grand...car was only worth 1700 lol