Ive been collecting the bits for a 5 stud conversion for a while and on wednesday I eventually aquired all the bits to get the front of the car done. However, as always, things didnt go quite as smoothly as I'd hoped. On one hub the splines for the drive shaft to go into had been mashed and needed machined back into shape to accept the drive shaft. The other one seemed to be fine apart from being a little stiff until the weight of the car was put onto it. Once the weight was on the wheel bearing (that it turns out was already very broken) collapsed . So that plus 2 track rod ends, 2 cv boots and some tyre fitting later I was 220 quid worse off but at least the brakes are good now.
and this centre cap will give the more observant of you an idea what colour the wheels will be going
The rear setup is in the garage and ready to go after I got the hubs today but will have to wait due to my new semi bankrupt status
The other thing I'd been up to was fitting a satnav centre console. I got the console for the bargain price of £12 and the satnav from work for the even more bargain price of £41 and bashed them together to give this. I love it but it annoys me that I dont have a clock or outside temp thing any more;
And the other thing I did was refit my standard headlight for the winter and get hold of an end cap eventually