Thread: gear box chatter.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gear box chatter.

i had the courtney expensive clutch/lightened flywheel and new slave cylinder fitted to my gsi turbo,but now i get like a cog chatter at idle?it was fitted by two vauxhall techs(late 30's) that i know and it all fitted and went fine,new oil ect..it did not make any noises before!is this normal as it goes when i press the clutch down ansd as soon as i let the clutch pedal up it makes this chatter noise..it only does it at idle and not when driving,i asked the guys if it needed the extra oil in that has been talked about in the past?and they said no as it did'nt have the paint on the nut??and they put the same amount of oil in that came out.drive fine no slipping or noises when driving hard or anything.what do you think it is..spoke to courtney and they said should't make any noise at idle!(oh and the car has only done 24000 miles i had it from new).

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got a m32 gearbox with a regal flywheel and a ap racing clutch. when on idle u can hear the flywheel chatter but is normal for lightened flywheel.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its normal for a lightened flywheel,why did courtney not say so?they should know that surely!cheer's ateeur..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slim-shany View Post
    if its normal for a lightened flywheel,why did courtney not say so?they should know that surely!cheer's ateeur..
    all tuners tell u the advantage off the parts they sell to u but dont tell u the disadvanteges. am not bothed about the niose any more u just get ust to it.