Thread: Power steering gone wierd

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Power steering gone wierd

Last month my power steering went dead hard suddenly. I left the car overnight and in the morning it was working fine. However, after driving a couple of miles, the steering went hard again. This kept happening- leave the car for 4-5 hours and the steering is fine for a couple of miles only.
    i thought that the pump must be faulty and replaced it with a second hand one. Same problem. Thought maybe I had received a faulty pump, so I got it changed. What happens- the same problem!!!
    Three pumps and the same problem makes me think that it cannot be a pump related issue. Power steering fluid is fine. Battery is charging fine and also holding the charge. No warning light, no leaks or damaged pipes.
    I took it to a VX garage and the only thing they came up with was an C1525 error code. They are not willing to give me an interpretation to this code unless I part with another two hours worth of labour charges!!!
    Can anyone help!!!
    Ooppss......forgot to tell you ...its a Vauxhall Astra 1.6 8v club 03model

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hiya i have the same problem as you (code 1525) and i've looked into it and it came back with the power steering pump sensor out of test range, I've posted a question on here b4 on where this sensor actually is and how much it costs but no one replied. Someone may correct me if im totally wrong tho

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Check your altenator is working as it should as the power is cut from the power steering if the battery is not getting charged.... Either that or your battery is on its way out
    Hey YOU See Oooour Reeegin Noooo ! Toss Yer Caber Here