Thread: turbo chatter? d/v question

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

turbo chatter? d/v question

hi guys. when i bought my car dump valve was almost silent,i ended up doing the rear bcs by-pass mod by removing the pipes from original dumpvalve and fpr,and running a new 3mm hose from throttle body to original d/v then teeing off for fpr and boost gauge and the baileys valve. the dump became loud but came from the airbox. i then followed the advise of you guys and fitted a collins,it got louder but still came from airbox when driving than the dump valve. yesterday i fitted a hybrid vxr unit with evoms valve.its become quiet again but still from the airbox. should i fit a one way valve to make it louder? the dumpvalve definatly opens at idle when you rev it so its not faulty i dont think. also which side of one way valve goes towards turbo,is it the black? thanks for your time

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you got a white and black one way valve from halfords then its the white bit that points to the turbo as you want air going to the dv so it keeps it shut and the vac cant pull it open
    www.chilled-rc.net For all your RC car/boat/heli/plane needs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there James, fitting a one way valve will disable your EVOMS which considering how much it cost would be pointless. As far as I'm aware the whole point of the EVOMS is to divert the dumped compressed air, which is left in the boost pipe through the airbox to aviod the turbo stalling.
    Red.Dot + Turbo Dynamics VXR Hybrid + TX AutoSport 63mm FMIC = One Huge Smile

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When i by-passed the rear bcs on my astra i got turbo chatter so i wont be doing it again on my Zaf.
    Vxr turbo with 360 bearing and twin oils seals & Evoms dv. Cdti airbox 63mm tophat.Milltex cat back and pre cat.. Regal 245 leh phase 1 ipf remap.Whiteline rarb.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboMark View Post
    Hi there James, fitting a one way valve will disable your EVOMS which considering how much it cost would be pointless. As far as I'm aware the whole point of the EVOMS is to divert the dumped compressed air, which is left in the boost pipe through the airbox to aviod the turbo stalling.
    im guna get a straight joiner so when i want noise ill put the one way valve in,and when on long runs for performance ill fit the straight connector to remove the valve and run the evoms

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys57 View Post
    When i by-passed the rear bcs on my astra i got turbo chatter so i wont be doing it again on my Zaf.
    Hi m8,
    I've done it on my Zaf and no chatter. Thought i did but it turned out to be a false alarm... the exhaust was ticking slightly.
    But what is good for one is not necessarily good for another as all engines are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmacc2008 View Post
    im guna get a straight joiner so when i want noise ill put the one way valve in,and when on long runs for performance ill fit the straight connector to remove the valve and run the evoms
    I'd check all your vac lines are ok. What size ID are you using?
    I'm using 3mm ID hose for mine and all is okay although no EVOMS yet. I'm running both DV's but the Collins has the dump and is exceptional...
    If she's not sticking her fingernails into the roof lining and digging her stilettos into the dash then you ain't going fast enough!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sheridan View Post
    Hi m8,
    I've done it on my Zaf and no chatter. Thought i did but it turned out to be a false alarm... the exhaust was ticking slightly.
    But what is good for one is not necessarily good for another as all engines are unique.

I'd check all your vac lines are ok. What size ID are you using?
    I'm using 3mm ID hose for mine and all is okay although no EVOMS yet. I'm running both DV's but the Collins has the dump and is exceptional...
    yeh 3mm with me too, before hybrid turbo i wasnt running the evoms and was still the same

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got 4mm vac hose on mine with both valves running, sound great and not over the top

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madgezza View Post
    i got 4mm vac hose on mine with both valves running, sound great and not over the top
    is that not a slack fit on throttle body? maybe i should try 4mm aswell

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmacc2008 View Post
    is that not a slack fit on throttle body? maybe i should try 4mm aswell
    3 or 4 mm is okay, but remember the smaller the internal diameter then the less volume and so the quicker the response of the vacuum...
    If she's not sticking her fingernails into the roof lining and digging her stilettos into the dash then you ain't going fast enough!!!