Thread: Problem with CDti 150

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with CDti 150

Hi everyone, Im new to the board and my current problem has prompted me to register.

I have an Astra CDti 150 - 05 plate with 48000 miles on clock, I've owned the car now for approx 4 months and took out an extended dealers warranty.

The problem has been ongoing for approx 2 months, it generally occurs when in a low gear (usually when pulling away from drive or junction in 1st). There is a complete lack of power to the extent it sometimes stalls or bumbles along at approx 5-10mph, there is also a strong reeke. its as if the engine just dies however the engine is still running, the problem is intermittent and power can restore instantly leading to a pretty dangerous situation with instant acceleration. It can go fine for a week or so then can happen a number of times in a few days.

I can not see any pattern in when it occurs. Ive had it in to 3 garages and had the inlet manifold changed however the problem is still happening and the garages can not find any further fault.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or heard of this problem before? I have a dealers warranty and propose to speak to them with regard to what they would propose I do next.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    be careful as they might not touch it under warrenty if the inlet wasnt changed by a vauxhall garage..

Status
    Mentioned in
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Try cleaning the EGR valve, mine had no power because of the EGR valve was clogged up. Only take 10mins to clean it, and even if thats not the problem your car will probs run loads better after a good clean.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the warranty company approved the works to go ahead at another garage.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats exactly what mine did - EGR valve as stated. easy to fix yourself with a £5 can of carb cleaner

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    easy to clean and take of but a fath 2 put bk on lol
    astra cdti 202bhp 323 lb-ft torque 45mpg
    audi tt 180bhp and no lb-ft torque lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for replies. any ideas why the problem with EGR valve is not registering on the computer? seems strange that the mechanics did not recommend this as the problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had the car in to Arnold Clark Vauxhall, could not find any problem (as usual) I asked them to clean the EGR valve. Car started doing the same thing on way home, then fault light came on (for the 1st time!) and car started acting differently.

Could get up to about 60mph but was a real struggle, really low power and lots of smoke out of exhaust. Is it possible that cleaning the EGR has highlighted the fault to the extent that the light has come on? Does it poss need a new EGR valve altogether?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well that is what my car was doing and they cleaned it well they said it took them 20mins of cleaning.. mayb they have just cleaned the egr valve but not the piping that it connects to.... if that gets cloged up its just as bad
    astra cdti 202bhp 323 lb-ft torque 45mpg
    audi tt 180bhp and no lb-ft torque lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine had an intermittent misfire between 1500-2000 rpm and I cleaned the egr, this helped for a couple of weeks then the misfire returned worse than ever and it also developed the same problem as you've got (no power at all) but no codes were stored until one day the eml light came on for a few seconds and it stored an egr fault. Having read through hundreds of posts I decided to replace it with a new one as to clean it properly requires you to drill a hole in it to remove the solenoid shaft and spring, something I din't fancy attempting without having a spare! Having fitted the new one it is like driving a different car! No misfires, repsponsive and mpg better!! Also be aware that running with a faulty egr can clog up your DPF which is a whole load more headaches!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast