Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Headlight AutoActivation How2

Autolight Activation How 2
    You will need a soldering iron solder, some picks, a multimeter, some installation tape, some double sided tape a drill and an 8th drill bit and an autolight activation device and for an OE twist you need a GM 13107803 EX and the plug the auto dimming mirror the surround and a savage switch. Removing the light switch and the side of the vent by following http://www.astraownersclub.com/documents/technical/vents.pdf Once removed release the clip at the bottom of the plug and then slide the plug from the heater vent holder, Iím using the Valeo auto light activation kit, and the GM sensor housing for a Vectra C or Astra H
    so I will be telling you how to wire that up.
    Firstly the instruction manual (4) is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!
    Parts in the Kit are an ECU/relay box (2), High amp cable with six wires to wire to your headlights (1), a power plug with a negative and positive (5) wire and a photo sensitive diode (3).

Instructions
    The lights are a positive circuit, The thin Grey/Green is your instrument lights
    This is wired to the purple on the headlight activation wiring trust me it is purple lol
    Wire in your sidelights now, the wire is a thick Grey/Green this also does the number plate light
    Wire your Blue wire from the headlight activation to the thick Grey/Green on the switch plug
    Wire up your headlights now itís the Yellow wires on the light switch plug
    Wire the Yellow wire from the light switch plug to the Green wire from the autolight activation kit
    Wire in your main power for the headlight activation relays by tapping into the Red wire on the headlight switch plug
    You have a small plug left that needs wiring in this needs to go to Earth and an Accessory feed The Earth feed from the plug above can be gained from the headlight switch plug it is a Brown wire on that plug It says to wire the Red wire from that little plug to an Accessory feed! This is probably due to load on the battery as the Starter motor takes a lot of juice whilst it is turning over, as in a car park or at night the lights will come on sapping the juice from the battery sorry not got any picís for that as I wired it to true idle but the fuse box is easily accessible the wire should be Black make sure you test the wire as Black is also an Ignition colour. Test the wire you should have no power with the key out, turn the key to the first position and you should get 12 volts or their abouts,turn it to the second position it should still be 12volts turn it to the start position your should have no power ( 0 volts ) stop crancking the car and you should get 13 to 14 volts if you get all of the readings then that is the wire to patch your thin Red wire from the auto headlight box, STOP HERE IF YOU DON'T WANT THE OE LOOK! Just install light sensor to the windscreen in the center to finish non OEM finish.
    The light sensor has a switch built into it to turn it off prise open the light sensor this has two plastic welds just prise it until it snaps, desolder the switch from the light sensor circuit board
    Solder the Red and the Yellow wire together as it is an open circuit
    Prise open the OE sensor by putting in a pick or similar at either side of the OE sensor you will see two slits, you will see a circuit board and a plug attached to it just pull the plug from the circuit board it just pushes in so no need to desolder this,
    The wires Yellow and Red from the Valeo light sensor kit can be joined when you wire it into the OE sensor plug. Cut the Valeo sensor wire and leave enough at the circuit board end to join to the OE sensor plug pins, Join the Black wire on the Valeo circuit board to the pin on the OE plug that goes to the Brown wire this is your Earth, Join the Red and Yellow wire from the Valeo circuit board to the pin that goes to the Black wire on your OE plug this a looped power point, Join the Blue wire from the Valeo circuit board to the pin that goes to the Green wire on the OE plug this is your signal wire insulate connections. Use some double sided tape to stick the Valeo circuit board to the OE cover.
    The OE sensor cover has a a foggy translucent plastic lens and then is covered over by a rubbery gel type plastic, I decided to remove the rubbery gel from the OE cover so that I could drill out the foggy plastic bit as I thought it would restrict too much light coursing the sensor to think itís night all the time. Once drilled clean it out the plastic swarf and stick the rubbery gel back via glue to the boarder(As this serves as a dust guard) but leave to dry as the glue could mist up the sensor once dry click the 2 half's together.
    Now go back to the savage switch cut the thin Red wire on the plug that goes to the Accessory and join the fuse end of that wire to the Accessory on the car and run the wire to the desired location of the switch

Accessory goes to pin one and then run a wire from pin two to the autoheadlight ECU patch a feed from the heated seats light or cigerate lighter the colour is Grey/Yellow, wire this to pin A in the switch and fuse it with a 1 amp fuse,wire pin B to neg now the switch will light up Install light sensor in the mirror surround and test Get front windscreen for true OE look. Hope this helps someone.

The Author takes no responsibility for damage to vehicle or equipment due to following this guide wires should be tested prior to connection.

You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey I was looking at thos last night are they any good? I think if i did get one id probably not try to install it myself as id probably kill myself!! Great instructions tho,
    Braenard
    Work was manic now my brain is fried!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks yeah they do the job a lot better than i thought it would be, sometimes it could get irritating when passing over passes on the motorway that casts dark shadows as it activates instantly but i just turn it of if it gets to bad ie loads of over passes without it being dark enough to keep the headlights activated but very good bit of kit.
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    photoes not found