Thread: Passionate but confused future Astra owner !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Passionate but confused future Astra owner !

First of all I just wonna say hi cos I'm new to this forum ! And the reason I've joined is becuase I've fallen in love with the Asta coupe haha and will be buying one VERY soon. But I'm so confused about buying one and hoped you guys could give me some help and tips before I go ahead and buy one !

I'm 19 and have had my eye on the Astra coupe for a while now. I'm thinking 1.6 would be ideal due to my age and cos of insurance.. but I just wondered if the Astra coupe comes in a 1.4 cos I havn't found one anywhere and it would really help to bring the insurance down !

I'm thinking of buying her second hand and I'm looking to spend around 3,600 max. Going on this price how reasonable do you think it is I find one with leather seats, 1.4 - 1.6, decent body kit, VXR alloys and with no more than 75k on the clock ? I mean how reliable are Astra coupes once they hit this kinda mileage ?

Also what do you lot think is a decent body kit that isn't too over the top ? Cos I think this one looks so sweet, just wondered which one it is and how much it would be !? And any ideas on the alloys ?

Also any additional tips and help before I buy would be greatly appreciated ! I really don't wonna mess up on buying !

Thanks alot

Peace out !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coupe engines come in 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 and the 2.0 Turbo models.
    You should easily find a 1.6 or 1.8 engine under your price range, with change left over. But prices very from trim, and condition of cause.
    the Coupes have the same engine as the rest of the Mk4, like any car, if you look after it, service regurlary etc etc, it will last ages!
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buy a standard coupe and do everythign to it yourself (better feeling), leather you could pick up for 500, vxr alloys 500 too... so leaves you 2600 to find a standard untouched coupe for 2600 which is alot more achievable...

When it comes to bodykits i prefer a factory type of look, maybe go for a gsi front bumper, irmscher rear spats, and colour code everything... maybe the spoiler from your picture too...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a tastefully modified factory coupe looks the part in my opinion, it's already a stunning car doesn't need much work!
    *Irmscher Astra G Hatch,
    *2.2L 16v(Z22SE)
    *154.0BHP, 151.3 lbs ft torque...
    ...For now...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck finding a 1.6!! Theyre very rare. Iv only seen a handful. The 1.8 is very common though and easily insured @ 19
    My name is Pete
    Click >> here << for my Coupe build log

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Souleh View Post
    Good luck finding a 1.6!! Theyre very rare. Iv only seen a handful. The 1.8 is very common though and easily insured @ 19
    £900 for me and my misses, i been driving 2yrs she been driving 3 :ee: and we both 20 lol.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, i agree it is a beautiful car as standard. I'll deffinatly colour code it, lower it about 30 - 40mm, get leathers, back tints (unsure), 18" VXR alloys, and sort a nice body kit combo !

Ill look into a 1.8 too alsoo I've been looking at the convertible.. do you think its worth buying in 1.6 cos its around the same price and in my opinions looks alot better ! Im just worried about it not having roll bars haha and it coming up to winter :\