Just completed installation of above and thought I'd write a quick How To
You will need:
This pic shows the door handle with the blanking plate in, its the small groove at the top:
- RHS Door Lamp Assembly - Part No 13157439
- LHS Door Lamp Assembly - Part No 13157438
- (Thanks to SQ Man for part numbers - cost £5 each from VX)
- Torx Screwdriver
- About 20-30mins!
1. Start by removing the door cards (this is the only thing you need the Torx for - info how to do this in numerous other threads)
2. On the rear of the door card, at the top of the door handle pocket you will find a blanking plate - remove this:
3. Now replace the blanking plate with the correct orientation lamp assembly. Pic shows LHS blanking plate and lamp assembly:
4. Now locate the plug for the lamp assembly. Mine were taped up in the door wiring loom. One was visible, the other was covered in the grey foam tape, just peel this back to expose it:
5. Now just refit the door card remembering to plug the newly exposed plug into the newly fitted lamp assembly and job done!!
This is what it looks like fitted:
And when illuminated:
You can open the lamp assembly to change the bulb colour, but I've left mine now to match the rest of the interior until I can track someone down locally who can do a full blue LED conversion in the Newcastle area (any suggestions welcome........)
A low cost, easy mod that adds a nice touch to the interior!