Thread: my paint just peeled off....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my paint just peeled off....

just stopped in at the jet wash to blow some crap off before washing and the jet wash managed to peel the paint off the rear wheel arch and leave it flapping about

a few months back i had my drivers door replaced after a woman drove into it and the body shop who replaced it also re-sprayed my bonet, bumper, removed the door strips and painted the doors and blew it into the back arches... so do i take it back to them as they generally did a poor job all over.. the bonet has 2 colours on it where they creased the paint on the grill and then blew it back in.. the door dosnt always open first time, my electric mirrors dont always work and the door dosnt actually shut in line to where it should be... the reason i dont know is because the insurance work was only for the door and the rest i paid cash for, the guy who did the work is a friend of my uncle, so i dont want him to get in trouble for the cash work but at the same time i want my car to be perfect as it should be... how do i stand... i have spoken to him on the phone a couple of times and he has not seemed too interested and i think they rushed the job if im honest.

any advice welcomed. thanks
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have a reciept?

If not thats the dangers of 'cash jobs'
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a couple of months ago? they could refuse just because you might have had more work done in that time, you should have said when you collected it that it was a shoddy job!
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nope no reciept, i have held back 500 quid which he has contacted me a couple of time about paying and i have just said when you agree to correct the defects we can discuss the 500 quid... but now i have a strip of pain missing up the side of the car i might have to use some different tactics
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a few snaps of the faults

the last 2 pictures shows the difference between the drivers door..(first pic) and the passanger door (2nd pic) there it quite a difference between the 2 and they claim they adjusted it the first time i took it back to them...
    and then on this last pic.. (below) you can see where they have blown the paint in on the bonet after their first **** up.. if you look between the grill and the bonet you can see it has creased slightly even this time round, dosnt look good though considering i paid for the bonet to be completley re sprayed
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tell him your going to use the remaining £500 to put right his defects
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee gsi View Post
    Tell him your going to use the remaining £500 to put right his defects
    it would now cost me more than 500 quid to do that though.. plus surely there must be a guarantee from the insurers for the door not sitting right where it should do??
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All work should come with a gaurantee for a fixed period of time generally this is 1 year. It is also irrelevant if you paid cash or card as far as you are concerned it is up to the company to keep their accounts in order.

Go down and speak with them about the problems you have experienced. Depending on their reply go to the citizens advice bureau and normally a phone call from them gets things moving along.

Let us know how you get on...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, after a long long battle, the garage have finally admitted that they are in the wrong.
    initially they told me i would have to pay half again towards the repairs which i completley disagreed with, i told them i was going to discuss it with the insurance company.
    so the next time i went down there was with an insurance assessor from my insurance company, the assessor told them that the work done was no where near meeting the minimum standard and that it needed correcting or, they would be paying for it to go somewhere else.
    so now all i have to do is wait for a phone call to let me know when its booked in and then hopefully they will do it properly this time
    learning the hard way

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a similar problem with my car but after them being arsey about the work and it not being done properly I've decided not to take the risk by giving them the car back. I've had it redone elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast