Thread: VXR Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VXR Turbo

Not sure if people have recently been following Craigs Red SRi-T, and his move to reddot etc...

If not check this thread:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=224415

Basically i sold him a vxr turbo which had been ran for around 20mins or something as was told by the guy which sold it me (he works for vauxhall) however the actuator had apparently been moved... any reason for this?

However the main question here, is after craig running the car for a few weeks on little journeys, and a run down to red dot, say 500 miles or something it began to smoke quite alot, however alot less once mapped (thread quoted above shows he ran vxr injectors without map etc)

Now craig thinks that i have lied about the history of the turbo (and insists it is turbo at fault and has apparently check the engine for everything people have said the drive would cause) and that the seals where gone when i sold it him... when it left me the item was obviously next to new due to condition

How long have you people had your VXR turbo's last? Ive seen loads of posts about premature failure... either due to fitting, missing cooling mod and possible oil mod... or just the turbos themself...?

Thanks

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    tbh a turbo will last as long as it does really, mines running fine and never had a prob with one, mapped or unmapped.

i found many probs come from running too much boost or just giving the let the beans to often, way it was fitted or some other probs.

but i have no oil pressure restrictor,no cooling mod, and as said never had an issue,
    so its either a faulty batch for premature failure, or way turbo has been used imo

but ask this question u will get a zillion diff answers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could have been fitted wrong, the tuners say this is very important.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    Cumbrian RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i think when vxr turbos are fitted to mk4 astra they should have the cooling mod done, as this is done on the vxr, also when fitted it is primed and not just fitted and run like most people i believe do.

Am sure some vxr turbos are made of chocolete lol
    Where are the Cumbrian Members??
    Anyone Seen Them!

Drives a Fiat Bravo 165 sport....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my personal opinion why they are failing is in the fitting tbh, but high boost is another.

i shall hide behind sofa now

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no need to hide andy i think your right m8 and add a bit of abuse to that aswell
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right guys so seeming this is about me ill have my say.

the turbo was run down to red dot which is 180 miles away from me not 500 like joe says.

he says that the turbo has been on a vxr but then there would be no need for the actuator to be adjusted.

the turbo was fitted correctly my dad is a mechanic we primed the turbo when it was fitted. so dont see how this can be a problem followed the guide on ZLET website.

tbh when it left joe and i bought it yer granted the shaft had no play but i couldnt check the seals.

also me driving to red dot with the injectors on would not effect the turbo enless of course there was petrol in the oil which has been droped and replaced and no petrol was presant

so all this rubbish about me running it down to red dot with the injectors on would knacker it up is a load of balls IMO
    MK1 Focus RS Sleeper

GT28, Tubular Manifold, Pro Alloy FMIC, 3inch Turbo Back

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    there shud b no need 2 ajust actuator if fitted by vauxhall to a vxr.

although its a 3nd hand sale, so guess sold as seen.

maybe the vaux guy told some porkies 2 joe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this thread is why i buy new! buy things once and they last ya hope eveything works out

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast