Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this thing actually work? "ASTRA TURBO SUPERCHARGER INTAKE" 5BHP Increase

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does this thing actually work? "ASTRA TURBO SUPERCHARGER INTAKE" 5BHP Increase

Hello there, just saw this item on eBay, it apparently increases your performance, its basically a non-electronic intake fan... also i think it goes between your Air filter Box and Engine (Inlet manifold?) rather then in front of the Air intake as i would have thought.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-VAUXHALL-O...item35a49f26ce

one of my friends bought one for his Ford Fiesta 1.6 and he claims he notices a difference. Logically isn't this just clogging up the passage for the air?

what are your thoughts or Experiences?
    Vauxhall Astra MK5 1.6 SXI TwinPort (56) Silver.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think its just BS. Those fans and the 'Vortex generators'.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Law000 View Post
    I think its just BS. Those fans and the 'Vortex generators'.
    yh, im thinking the same thing, anyone here installed it on an Astra and tested it? or tried it atleast?

if it works even for a few BHP would be nice when u stack it up with De-restrict mode + Vectra C mod + Good Quality Air filter!

Anyone?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I doubt many people will have tried this and then admit to it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you have to joking, it will use more power (about 5 watts) than it generates. The air is sucked in at a higher rate than the fan could ever manage.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you actually seriously asking if this £20 computer fan will give you 5bhp more if you cram it into an intake pipe??

Tell your mate with his fiesta (does it have Lexus lights btw?) he's a gullible tit, from me.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sport-hatch150 View Post
    you have to joking, it will use more power (about 5 watts) than it generates. The air is sucked in at a higher rate than the fan could ever manage.
    the doesnt use power its non-electrical, just sits there (clogging the air pipe from the looks of it)

maybe the claims that it "Improve fuel consumption" are true because it reduces how much air is going in, the engine uses less fuel? Logically the pipe with a dead fan will slow down the air intake. the air has to fight its way past the fan....

But now i think once the air has started rotating the fan and momentum builds but the air has reduced, wont the fan help drag more air in? (i'm no mechanic and very new to car mods so this is pure novice speculation)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    Are you actually seriously asking if this £20 computer fan will give you 5bhp more if you cram it into an intake pipe??

Tell your mate with his fiesta (does it have Lexus lights btw?) he's a gullible tit, from me.
    No worries lol, i did tell him i doubt a fan that isn't powered can increase anything but he was persistent that it did help, so i thought id ask here but it seams my orignal thoughts were right.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get him to put his money where his mouth is. Rolling road the car with and without the PC fan in the way
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post

I lol'ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast