Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Headlights/sidelights diagram wiring on a Mk5

Hi
    the front left sidelight has gone off on my son's 2006 MK5 (at least, at 2006 I think it's a MK5!). It's not the bulb - I checked that; and checking the bulk socket there's continuity to earth but no voltage - so it's something in the wiring or a connection I guess.

First check was the fuses, but the handbook doesn't show any fuses for any of the headlight/sidelight circuits. Is this right? MK5 Astras don't have fuses for the lights?

OK, I guess I'm going to have to trace the wiring back...but in the headlamp unit all the wires are black, so that's a big help! Can anyone help with where the connections are to the left hand headlamp unit and what the pin is for power to the sidelight? Then what the wiring colour is for that and where it goes? The right side sidelight works, and both tail-lights so I'm guessing nothing at the switch.

Thanks

4STRA
    heres a diagram of the headlight wiring and a wire colour chart, hope this helps?

headlights

diagram

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4STRA View Post
    heres a diagram of the headlight wiring and a wire colour chart, hope this helps?
    Many thanks. Only thing is the diagram seems to be missing the sidelights and wiring. Do you perhaps have another pic that shows them too?

4. The following members like this post:

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you same on mk4 showing diagram of xenons

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrolet View Post
    Hi
    the front left sidelight has gone off on my son's 2006 MK5 (at least, at 2006 I think it's a MK5!). It's not the bulb - I checked that; and checking the bulk socket there's continuity to earth but no voltage - so it's something in the wiring or a connection I guess.

First check was the fuses, but the handbook doesn't show any fuses for any of the headlight/sidelight circuits. Is this right? MK5 Astras don't have fuses for the lights?

OK, I guess I'm going to have to trace the wiring back...but in the headlamp unit all the wires are black, so that's a big help! Can anyone help with where the connections are to the left hand headlamp unit and what the pin is for power to the sidelight? Then what the wiring colour is for that and where it goes? The right side sidelight works, and both tail-lights so I'm guessing nothing at the switch.

Thanks
    An age ago BUT did anyone ever get to the end of this problem? Mine is exactly the same and I can't find where the wiring goes WITHOUT removing the bumper etc. and I don't want to do that unless it's absolutely necessary. So, can anyone supply diagrams etc? I would also like to know if anyone can tell me where I might find the Haynes Manual for my Vauxhall Astra TwinTop 1.8l Petrol Sport 2008
    Last edited by Redscorpian; 20-06-2015 at 13:07.