Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumper gone - anyone got a spare one?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bumper gone - anyone got a spare one?

F'ing B*stards nicked my front bumper off my drive!!!! Sorry for the language but I am fumeing right now!!
    It’s a GSI front bumper painted black only had it on the car about 6 months now. Cost me enough to buy and fit and now its not even worth claiming on the insurance due to large access and loosing my no claims.
    Enough moaning! - Just wanted to warn others to be vigilant especially if you live in the Luton area. Speaking to the police there has been an increase in stolen car parts recently.
    They even took my front number plate "X5ASX" If anyone sees that around please give me a shout...
    Im now left with a unusual car until i get a new bumper. If anyone has a bumper they want to get ride of let me know. Will consider any front bumper at this stage as need one asap. Preferably in black but let me know what you got.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats f#*k man...have a look on ebay i see a lot of front bumpers on bedford/luton area...might be able to get a cheap 1

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it was fitted to the car how the hell did they get it? You have to take the lights and shit off first,I had trouble taking it off with the lights already off

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry to hear it mate but like the saying "if it ant nailed down there having it"
    Back in an astra and loving it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My GSI bumper got knicked too last year, only live 20 mins from Luton. The bumper is only 11 screws/fixings and 2 fog lights and an air sensor to disconnect (or cut off in my case!), doesnt take long at all. Also theres a how to on here so easy to find out how to take it off to any outsider! I'll have a look out for it. Police did nothing with mine either.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    If it was fitted to the car how the hell did they get it? You have to take the lights and shit off first,I had trouble taking it off with the lights already off
    No you don't!

Two screws in the wheel arch.. two plastic pins just under the bonnet and a few more under the car!

I had someone try and steal my GSI side skirts over night!

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you could rip a bumper of in seconds if you know what you are doing. Its easy enough to fix any punting points that get broken afterwards.

Gutted for you
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG View Post
    you could rip a bumper of in seconds if you know what you are doing. Its easy enough to fix any punting points that get broken afterwards.

Gutted for you
    bad times but mat is right, the mk4 bumpers are hardly the most difficult of things to steal. 4 screws that easily rip out and a few stupid little split pins are dead easy to rip off. Keep your eyes peeled on ebay, no doubt it will end up on there at some point. If you see one in your area that is the same colour etc get the police to go and have a look at it.
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1 View Post
    No you don't!

Two screws in the wheel arch.. two plastic pins just under the bonnet and a few more under the car!

I had someone try and steal my GSI side skirts over night!
    Damn i had some chavs come looking at my car one night and heard them say "Nope it hasn't got one",Went to chase the ****ers but no luck

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys
    Yeah they come off very easily and someone whos done if before can do it quite quickly.
    I think if i get another gsi bumper ill have to find a way to secure it better because not doubt they will be back.
    Looking at replacement bumpers on ebay - but get the feeling the have probably been ripped of some other poor guys car...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast