Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DoDo Juice - Lime Prime Query

Hello,

Just a quick query about Lime Prime. I've seen it mentioned quite a bit but basically what does it do and how is it used - and do I need to get some?

Thanks
    John P.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    tis basically a cleaner, prep surface.
    its best used with a machine as some cut to it, but it can be used by hand, i use it as cutting compound, then cg ez creme glaze over top, as lp does leave oils behind and can interfere with lsp's

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I used it on a machine, found it gave really good results as well, seemed to cut better than my Sonus polish!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks folks - so are we saying that this is basically a polish (for use by either hand or machine) and would I use this in place of AG SRP? Or does it do something different to SRP?

Thanks,
    John P.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    basically same tbh, but i find it better that srp, much easier 2 work wiv, but as said it does leave oils, so i use a glaze to make sure it bonds to lsp

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    O.K.

So you use lime prime basically as a polish, but that leaves oils in it's wake, so you then use a sealant to cover the lime prime, which will then allow a LSP to bond to the surface better. I think I follow.

Does the lime prime make a "real" difference i.e. leave the final finish "super shiny"? Just interested to know. I'm sure we've all purchased stuff before that promises the world in terms of performance, but when we've actually used it it we stand back and think "well, it doesn't really look any better than before!" And, let's be honest, any retailer is going to tell us it's the best thing since sliced bread because they want us to part with some cash!!

Thanks again.
    John P.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    no i use a glaze/cleaner like cg ex creme glaze, as lp leaves oils has been known not to bond to sealants/waxes.
    lp leaves a cracking finish imo, one of best, my usual treatment is

polish, can be lp or others, depends on cut needed
    ez creme glaze
    jetseal 109
    colly 915

that way i get shine and protection, if u go onto detailingworld.com u will see all and learn more as i did,lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Welsh-Andy, I will have a look at detailing world. I've not used sealants before, they seem complicated!! Paint on both my Zaffy and Astra is pretty good, so my routine is fairly straight forward - wash, AG SRP (if required), followed by wax. I've tried Collinite 426s & 915, and also DoDo Juice Light Fantastic. To be honest I found all of them pretty good and easy to work with.

I've only used this forum for a while but have learnt loads about different products. Thanks for your tips - I'm off to detailing world for a bit.....

Regards,
    John P.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi John,

Don't fear sealants, they're just a different type of LSP (Last Stage Product).

As mentioned before, Lime Prime is a paint cleaner, designed to be used after claying to cleanse the paint and remove/fill any light swirling. Lime Prime Lite is the same, but without the abrasives and fillers.

Some of the best results I have acheived come from waxing straight onto paint cleansers (usually Zymol HD Cleanse), and I've never had a problem with bonding.

Best thing is to give it a go, and find what works best for you.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring